1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Betting boxing?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by RiddickBull, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking about going to Vegas to bet on the Broner vs Maidana fight on saturday. Last time I was in LV betting on the Mayweather fight, I asked the cashier what would happen if it was a tie. He told me I would loose my money even though there was no possible tie bet.

I thought you get your money back if there is no tie bet, with the fight ending in a tie. You loose your money if there is a tie bet if you don't bet the tie.

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't pay close attention to the boxing lines, but I recall seeing major fights having the draw as one of the bets. I can't imagine the LVH did not have a draw option, especially since I recall reading something on that Mayweather fight about someone making a killing on the majority decision bet

3. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know UFC has tie prop bets. I could've sworn boxing did too. If you bet the ML and its a tie, you get graded as a loss.

4. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I was thinking too, but was unsure.

5. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't see any boxing props on 5dimes right now but looking under UFC, I just found this.

Sat 12/28 1013 Weidman/Silva draw +10500
    11:00PM 1014 Fight not a draw -31500

Also I was wrong. Just found the rules and on a ML bet, your money would be refunded but maybe this varies from book to book?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  6. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I read online. Maybe the cashier didn't know there was a tie bet. I've had dealers give me wrong advice on table games before. Not sure if the cashier was giving me wrong information.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.