1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BestofVegas - avoid

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by luci5, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I purchased show tickets from BestofVegas back in January for May. I contacted them in advance to see the location of the seats and was told I wouldn’t know which seats until I had purchase them, but “they will be fantastic seats”.

I went ahead, but even after purchase I still wasn’t told the seat location. When I contact them I was again told that the seats were allocated at the time of purchase so I would get the best seats available. I checked the hotel website and there were loads of great seats still available at my price point just a few rows from the stage so I was quite happy that we would get good seats.

Imagine my disappointment when I collected the tickets more than a week before the show and found we had seats in the second row from the back of the theatre. I contacted BestofVegas again to express my displeasure and they replied saying the tickets couldn’t be changed after purchase. I hadn’t asked for them to be changed.

I have used BestofVegas in the past, but will not be using them in the future, regardless of how good their offer may be. I shall stick with the Travelzoo offers which allow you to book direct with the hotel box office.

2. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a similar experience. They are crooks, would never use again.

3. Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds a lot like vegas.com. I purchased tickets from them for Ray Romano/Kevin James and I was in the back part of the theatre even though I bought them well in advance. A buddy of mine bought them 3 or 4 days later thru the Mirage and he was several rows ahead of me and didn't have to pay a service charge either. I've learned my lesson and will never use them again.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What show was this?

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I've only had positive feedback on BoV before. What show was it?

6. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no different than any discount where you buy blind.

half price on the strip or any other

'

all your doing is buying a price catogory . so its important to figure out where those seats can be.

you need to do some reasearch to see if your buying catagory a block , b block c block or a block by the porta toiletes.

one way to find out this is ask what catogory , then call or go to venue and look at the map and you will see the section catagory breakdow so you know where you might wind up.

i do it all the time , most maps at the venue are color coded or have it broken down

7. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was for Donny and Marie.

I checked which seats were available at the $135 price point before I went ahead and booked. They were almost all still available in Section A Front.

We have seen the show 3 times previously at Tables 21 and 24. This time we landed Table 47.

I am not a rookie at booking shows. We have been to Vegas 16 times and see 6-7 shows every trip.

I booked the same show with BestofVegas a couple of years ago, but at that time they advised the seat numbers as soon as they were purchased and the seats were fine.

8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought my Donny and Marie tickets discounted at Goldstar and was in the first row of booths. I've had very good luck with Goldstar. Two weeks ago used them for Carrot Top and got second row.

9. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestion.

We have been in the first row of booths twice and even closer the other time. As they were available at the price point I booked at when I checked in January those were the seats I was expecting.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.