1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best way to get from McCarran to Luxor

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Lovegas95, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll arrive in LV via Southwest and will be staying at Luxor. It appears the hotel is right across the street from McCarran. Is there a bus or hotel shuttle? Or, will I have to take a cab?

Must...Go...To...Vegas!!
  2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cab it. Will cost you about $13 or so depending on traffic. If you go thru the tunnel you got long hauled.

3. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know the shuttle and cab are easy and can be picked up right at the airport. If you do taxi make sure you tell them NO TUNNEL or something along those lines, in a polite voice. Shuttle busses are also available and you can buy the ticket right there at the airport. They make take several people to different hotels so this is an option if you are not in a hurry as you could be on it for multiple stops before they get to your hotel.

Personally I booked the Bell Trans VIP which is $28/pp round trip. You have to book and pay for it through their website.

Tentative Arrival
  4. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell the driver to go East Tropicana to LV Blvd.

5. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys...there's a lot of love on this board.

Must...Go...To...Vegas!!
  6. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah take the cab. captainron is right it should only be 13 bucks or so. The shuttle is gonna cost you the same and take you at least 30 minutes to get there.
    I do remember people saying you can take a public bus from the airport that drops you off in front of NYNY..... then you could cross the bridge to Excalibur and cut through the building to Luxor. (personally don't think its worth it to walk around town with my luggage just to save $10).

7. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many people? Cab will be @ 15-$20 with tip - as stated above, tell driver "no tunnel". If it is just you, or you and one other, then there are shuttle buses at the airport for $8 per person that stop at all the strip hotels. You can purchase a token on the spot. Luxor should be one of the first stops, so it would not take much longer than a cab. The signage in the airport luggage area (Terminal 1) is very good as far as directing you to your mode of transportation (Cabs, Shuttle Buses, Rental Car shuttle, etc...).

8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  9. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two people + 4-5 bags...got it.

Must...Go...To...Vegas!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.