1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best way from Aria to the Convention Center?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by tls030583, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tls030583

tls030583 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headed to a conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center March 24th-27th. I may REALLY regret this but I booked a room at Aria instead of the conference hotels because I got a much better rate through our MLIFE offer and my husband and I extended the trip 2 extra nights beyond the conference to take a little vacation.

What is the best way to get from Aria to the Convention Center? Monorail? If so, where should I get on? The monorail website suggests Bally's but that's such a long haul. What about MGM? Thinking if I exit through Monte Carlo it won't be such a long walk?

How much would a cab be one way?

Any other suggestions? THanks in advance!!

2. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Cab would be easiest. Think it would be $15-$20 each way.

2. Monorail would work. BUT...it is a long walk from Aria to either Bally's or MGM monorail stations.

3. Here is another option. The SDX bus has a southbound stop on the strip near the Bellagio.
    The northbound SDX ( toward convention center ) has a stop right in front of Paris.
    SDX means Strip Downtown Express. It is a LOT faster & less crowded than the Deuce.
    The northbound SDX does stop at the convention center. Pick it up at same place to go back
    toward Aria ( drop off at Bellagio ). Costs $20 for 72 hour pass. Must buy pass at ticket
    vending machines prior to boarding.

More detailed information regarding exact schedule times, etc, is available at www.rtcsnv.com.
    SDX runs every 15 minutes from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Hopes that this helps a little.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you just want the Aria, why not consider the MGM - it is on the right side of the strip for both cabs and monorail.

Otherwise you are looking at LONG walks, especially if you are carrying convention stuff.

Also - if this is one of the often MANY convention hotels, there might be shuttles.

4. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correction: SDX runs until 11 p.m.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.