1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Value for Chopper ride over Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by martydavies, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martydavies

martydavies Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,

My partner and I are visiting Vegas for the first time next month, we would like to do a trip to the Grand Canyon via Helicopter.

Would love to know the following:

-which tour company you went with
    -average price for this trip
    -any advice you can offer from your experience doing this trip

Thanks in advance,

Martin

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a few companies doing this, and few 3rd party that book via those same companies.

But - not the best "deal", but I would go for the one where you LAND half way into the Grand Canyon for lunch. It is way better than just flying over.

3. martydavies

martydavies Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, do you know roughly how much this costs per person?

4. hrt4girls

hrt4girls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    helicopter tour

We took a helicopter tour when we were there in April and loved it. We booked the Papillion company and were very pleased. It was not a cheap outing, but a once in a lifetime thing for sure. It was $800 for the 2 of us for the sunset tour that landed in the canyon. They had a sandwich box lunch for us with champagne or soda and water. The views of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead were great and the view of the strip on the way back was also impressive. We were picked up at our hotel in a limo and brought to Mc Carren airport, so it was not a long drive out of town to get to the helicopter. The pilot gave a narration while we flew and the Grand Canyon was breathtaking. I would recommend this tour and this company. We were very pleased with the entire experience.

If you are sure you want to do this, don't wait to book it. I waited until a week before and had trouble finding a tour at the times we wanted to go.

5. martydavies

martydavies Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for your reply. We have decided we just want to fly over the Canyon mainly due to the lack of time we have at Vegas (only 4 nights and it's our first visit)

Do you know if there is there a cheaper package available to fly over the Canyon rather than stop and have lunch etc.?

Thanks again.

6. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We flew with Maverick when we did the Canyon although we did the one where you land, looking at their website they offers air tour only flights , one is helicopter and is $399 each they also do a plane one which is $209 each.

It's worth checking out their website as I said we flew with them and it was a great experience.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bulk of the time this takes is transfer from hotel, getting set up at office, waiting to board, deboarding, etc.

Skipping the landing in the Canyon is a BIG mistake in my book. It adds maybe 30-45 minutes out of the whole thing. It is well worth doing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.