1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Time to Buy?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by Rumdranker, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When is the best time to buy vacation packages (air + hotel)? I would like to book a trip for late March.

Should I bet on after Christmas or after New Year's? Thanks in advance all ideas including hotel choice and travel site welcome.

2. marksind

marksind Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best Time to Buy

I go to Vegas four to six times a year and have seen no pattern regarding best time to book. For those of us who must fly, the biggest variable is airfare. For hotels, it's whether there's a major event like COMDEX in town or whether your stay involves Friday/Saturday nights.

Book when there's no big convention and stay weekdays, and odds are if you are vigilant you can probably find a good deal at some point. I do that by subscribing to the airline sale emails for the airlines that fly from Seattle to Las Vegas. They send "sale" emails almost every day, about 90% of which are not truly sales. But on occasion there will be a very good one.

For example, I'm going for a week in mid January with a friend. Total cost for good day-time non-stops on Southwest (bags checked free!) and a week in an El Cortez tower room is $402 for the two of us (not each). It was a one-day sale Southwest had a week or so before Thanksgiving. The next day the same trip was over $700. I thought maybe they'd repeat it for Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but they didn't. When you see a good deal you have to act - the real sales don't usually last long.

3. petp13

petp13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    like mark said airfare the biggest variable. ive found around 6-8 weeks is a good time to book.

tip; airfare is generally cheaper on wednesday mornings.

for my last trip i was looking at the price predictor on bing travel and found it to be fairly accurate.

what i didnt know then that i know now is that you DONT earn credits on your players card for hotel stays booked through a 3rd party site (orbtz, expedia). if thats important to you.

4. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im not sure where you are located, but I am coming from Indiana and I found airfare going home on April 2nd for $70. I was pretty happy about that. IT seems the cheapest days to fly on Frontier airlines is tues or Weds. I got our flight out straight thorough via SW for $170 each way, not great but I can't complain for RT for less than $500!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.