1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best time to buy airline tickets?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Publius, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Publius

Publius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always heard that Tuesday always provides the best prices usually, is this true, should I be looking at plane tickets on Tuesdays? Also how far out is the best time to look at for tickets for the cheapest price? I'm looking at December for Vegas and I was wondering when I should really start looking at airfare for the lowest price? Right now its really high

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience the "best time" is just when the price is low and you never know when that will be. The Tuesday thing is the airline equivalent to the rumor of hot slots near entrances, on ends, etc. Is it true sometimes? sure, but I have gotten deals on weekends, Mondays etc.

The best strategy is to become a rate check Ninja, sign up at BING travel, YAPTA, etc. They will tell you if the deal is good and if you should book or wait. I booked my Sept trip today, it had dropped the last week and BING said book it! It helps to know what a "good price" is. I know what I like to pay and how low I have seen it go, I know if I can find round trip from $250 to $280 jump on it!

Good luck, its part of the fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.