1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best "strategy'??

Discussion in 'Comps' started by fenway68, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenway68

fenway68 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dad and I leave in 2 days for our next venture to LV..we are lower rollers, as it were, but Dad always seems to get the comp rooms and lower rates, I do not...(20% off has been the best I got)

This year, however, I have a much better bankroll, and plan on playing more higher limit BJ, craps and VP...

Thing is, I am returning in October "with the boys", Dad is not likely coming back for a year..

We both plan on playing a bunch of VP...

Now, the room at MC is under his name and MLife number...

a) do you think they would add me to the room or better yet switch the points on the room to my card

b) when we pay for meals, at Mlife props, should we...charge to room, or give them my MLife card and my CC

c) should/can we play all slots/VP with my card in the machines....(I would have to get a duplicate card at the mlife booth)

table games, obviously we have to play our own cards..

the ultimate goal is to see what I can do for offers for October and for next spring/summer when Dad and I go again...

any thoughts?

thoughts

2. aaisack

aaisack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm no expert on MLIFE, but if your play goes up to the level your dad plays, or higher, you should be able to get the same kind of offers.

Not sure about A and B but C shouldn't be a problem. Most clubs discourage that kind of play but the chances of their being repercussions for that are pretty low. The only question is do you think that's a good idea? Maybe you can both get to a sufficient level of play to get free room offers - if you do you could book them back to back next time you visit Vegas with your dad.

The other option of course is to move your play to a property that's more generous with the free room comps and has better gaming. The Palms is a pretty nice place, they have much better video poker pay tables and they have sent me offers for 5k or so worth of coin in.

3. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a) do you think they would add me to the room or better yet switch the points on the room to my card

Your future comps will be based on your play, not on the points on your players card earned from paying for the room, food, etc.

b) when we pay for meals, at Mlife props, should we...charge to room, or give them my MLife card and my CC

Charge everything to your room. At the end of your trip, talk to the host on duty to see what they can do for you. Be sure to book your room from the Mlife website since rooms booked on Priceline, Expedia, etc. cannot be comped on the back-end.

c) should/can we play all slots/VP with my card in the machines....(I would have to get a duplicate card at the mlife booth)

That would increase your coin-in. Hence, it would increase your chances of future offers.

4. fenway68

fenway68 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good to know...

should I still ask to be sure my play is tracked to my room by adding my name/mlife # to the room when we check in? (in case we have enough to engage a host)

always book thru the VIP services phone number, never thru third party, except our first trip 18 years ago when we didn't know any better

all great tips, thanks Riddick

5. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fenway, I would definitely charge everything to the room. Then as it was mentioned before, see a host or the mlife desk and see what they can take off charge-wise. Make sure you and your dad go together. Since the room is under his name, he will take the hit for the room comp, but you may be pleasantly surprised as to what they may pickup based on your play. This happened with one of my buddies. He was staying in my comped room and they wouldn't cover any extra F&B charges b/c the room was eating up most of my comps but they picked up like $200 in charges under him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.