1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Prixe Fixe Menu for the $$

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mattMN10, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good morning!

Since booking my next trip to "heaven... I'm in heaven...", I digress... I have been perusing menus and restaurant websites to no end. I was curious of your thoughts for/against some of my findings thus far on the best value for a prixe fixe menu around $100 (give or take) per person. (most likely will skip the wine option in favor of a couple cocktails). No specific occasion for this meal, but I would like to treat family to a great Vegas meal and not walk away dissapointed :nono:

Sage - $89 Signature tasting menu
    Top of the World - $90 Tasting Menu
    Charlie Palmer's cut of the week - $48! includes bottomless wine?!
    Michael Mina - $68 Sunset menu, $115 Seasonal tasting menu
    Eiffel Tower - $125 Tasting Menu
    Scarpetta - $110 Signature Tasting Menu

In your experience are these tasting menus "worth it"? If so, which ones have you tried that were memorable?

Thanks everyone in advance. You all rock! :beer: :thumbsup:

Family debauchery and George Strait 02/17/17
    more and more debauchery.. and Brooks and Dunn w/Reba 02/22/17
  2. spicole

spicole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had the $68 "Sunset" (pre-theatre) menu at Michael Mina last summer. It was fantastic! I can recommend it. My wife ordered the wine pairing, and I "upgraded" to the Lobster Pot Pie for my entree for something like $37 extra. WORTH EVERY PENNY. I'm serious, it was an amazing dish.

http://www.michaelmina.net/restaurants/las-vegas/michael-mina-bellagio/menus

Some of other diners had ordered caviar, and the servers were pairing that with flutes of Belvedere vodka.

I cannot say whether this was a better "value" than some of other options but I can recommend Michael Mina if it is in the running. There was another post on here sometime in the recent(?) past on Charlie Palmer's "cut of the week" - that one looked like a great value.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  3. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had one of the best next door at at Verandah, and Palmer is on the list.

schwaiguy

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the Sage tasting menu and I think it's a freaking steal at $89. (Sorry, I haven't had any of the others on your list.)

If you're looking for a great prix fixe lunch deal, Estiatorio Milos at Cosmo is fantastic and an excellent value at $25-ish.

5. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Echoing Sage. That is a killer tasting menu. One of my must-dos in Vegas nowadays.

Another option not mentioned are the prix fixe options at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon:

http://www.mgmgrand.com/pdf/menu_latelier_prixfixe.pdf

Also excellent and a lot of fun because you can watch things prepared in front of you. I find it nicely interactive.

Eiffel Tower is also a good choice, but I think not as quality of Sage of L'Atelier. I like Michael Mina a lot, too. Hard to go wrong, but I'm a huge fan of tasting menus. My recommendation is not focusing on whether it's "worth it" so much as just go in, relax, have a good time, enjoy the food, and have fun with the experience.

6. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to toss in my vote for Picasso that wasn't on your list.

I thought the atmosphere, views, service, presentation, food quality, essentially everything was spectacular. To me it was "worth" the 115.

7. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After seeing the rave reviews for Sage, and looking at that menu I think I need to give it a try. Thanks for the recos! Love this board!

8. WMU

WMU Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will also add Picasso is great. Sit outside if the weather permits

9. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, yes, how could we forget Picasso? Good mention. Place is an absolute classic. Pure class all the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.