1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best place for comps for Craps Play??

Discussion in 'Comps' started by TIMSPEED, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not interested in bounce back nor anything else...
    JUST FOOD (ie: "Express" or "Discretionary") COMPS
    (We're Diamond at CET so rooms are no problem at any time; however COMPS is)
    I'll have about a $75-$90 Average ($24 6&8 and Buy 4 or 10)

FWIW, I have played at MSS and ST, and they only rate 2x odds (so no BIG rating on BIG odds)
    Also, all of Boyd Properties have the same flawed logic:
    1.) Table Game comps don't "travel" nor "accrue" (use them NOW/HERE or lose them)
    2.) They only give SO much (I've found it to be 2 buffets per week; ie: I've gotten a buffet comp at GC for my gf and I on friday night, came back saturday and played a lot more...asked for another buffet comp, was DENIED. Same at MSS and ST and Orleans)

I'm debating just hitting one Boyd property per day...
    But my thing with Boyd is 99% of the time the crap tables are DEAD and the other 1% they've just got a few old geezers playing
    I'd like to play a real lively table (I'm 30 but look 16)
    I've never played dice on the "strip" at all...

Palace Tower Suite!
  2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't say who overall comps craps the best.
    In my experience, I moved my play to MGM from CET as I was treated much better at MGM properties.

Both CET and MGM have express comps an reward credits that survive any particular trip if not used.

All the strip major properties will offer 3/4/5 xodds on craps.
    That being said, nobody really counts odds when calculating your comps.
    Even places that say they rate odds don't figure it into your theo and that is what your comps re base on.
    In terms of action at the tables,It's usually pretty busy any afternoon and evening at most strip properties.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this has been discussed a bunch, but craps just gets low comps. that's the way it is. maybe you can get a little more at another property, but you're not going to get a lot, especially at the sub-$100 level. you can try Mlife properties and see if it generates some offers.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's also the issue of ratings; among Mlife properties, I've found that pit bosses at Mandalay Bay, Bellagio, and to a lesser extent Aria tend to be a bit more generous with their ratings than at MGM Grand (I'm looking at you, pit boss who insisted on rating me at $35 despite starting with $55 on the layout, not counting odds, and pressing heavily). My average bets are just about where yours are but I tend to get rated around $100, if not a bit more.

5. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no numbers, just anecdotal evidence. But Tropicana seems to treat their craps players better than any other place on the strip that I have rolled at.

6. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do they even calculate theo for craps (I am sure this has been discussed somewhere here to exhaustion.). I would like to play some this trip as I never really do. I'd like to hit up one of the cheap tales somewhere to get wet before having a real session at Cosmo or Aria.

7. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Average bet x Rolls per hour x Roll resolution rate x House Edge

At least that's what I read on another site.

8. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Right, craps is low comp because of the small house edge and slow play.

Orleans is a Boyd property that often has a lively game going. South Point has some busy tables in the evenings at least and a policy that gives employees some discretion. No idea what either place might be prepared to offer.

9. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With so many bets to keep track of, it seems accurate play would very hard to track on a busy table. Would certainly suck to get a crap rating (no pun intended) on such a low comp generating game to begin with.

Anyways, off to airport....

10. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been low-rated on craps more than on any game. it seems to be worst when you start at a lower level and press aggressively. they don't seem to like to give you credit for pressing your numbers when they hit. I'm not sure if this is done on purpose or just a lack of attention.

however, now that I think about it, it may have more to do with the lower-quality pit bosses out on the floor. they don't have craps in HL rooms except the occasional reserved table that's never open, so you have to play out on the floor. the guy often has multiple tables full of guppies to deal with and he likely isn't paying much attention to anybody. one time recently I started with $350 on the felt and pressed hard. went on a great run through a couple of good rollers and pressed up to thousands on the felt each roll and he gave me a $400 avg.

11. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The places I typically play have a touch screen at every table. The box swipes your players card and your information is placed on a lay-out similar to the table. They add a description for me like type and color of the shirt I'm wearing. In this situation the box is only watching one table on a game that moves pretty slowly.

The house may choose not to closely alter the stats being kept based on how I alter my bets but that's a different discussion. The process is pretty easy, obviously the box has more to do than watch how bets are altered.

12. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never seen a touch screen at a craps table. every place I've been uses the pencil and paper ratings sheets.

13. Boone

Boone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They use the touch screens here in Pittsburgh. Slide the card.... wait for your first bet and then look at it once in a blue moon.

14. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    exactly and that's the real problem. they are too busy checking payouts and getting chips to the dealers during the hot rolls when you're pressing hard. as soon as the 7 hits, they have some time to breathe, but then the bets are swept off the table and they have no idea what you did.

15. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the seen the touch screen at Caesars in the past. But I don't play CET too often, so I am not sure how widespread that is

16. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All CET uses Touchscreens. Have for years.

17. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ratings really seem to be a function of the boxman at each table.
    Some really pay attention and update the ratings every 10-15 minutes, others not so much.
    I was at one table last week where I started at about $320,not counting odds, and pressed.
    End of the roll I'm at $1500 and the box never updated the sheet.
    I also think playing where they know you toking the dealers is definitely a factor in a favorable or bad rating.

18. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the box works in tandem with the pit. I know when I'm tipping heavier than normal for the boys I get a much better rating and I've been told by many boxes that they've made sure they've taken care of my rating.

19. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the Boyd properties in Vegas use the same system, and your "icon" on the touchscreen is identified by "color" (red = lower rating; green = little higher; blue = highest possible)
    Also, at MSS/ST I've asked about the odds, and both properties said "Only 2x gets rated"...I guess that's better than NONE.
    Also, the bad part about pencil/paper is it can be ERASED (as is often the case if you walk away a winner, or are an asshole player)

Palace Tower Suite!
  20. 7out7

7out7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'd be amazed how tipping will turn the box's head towards the screen. As long as it isn't crazy busy, it seems most will instantly go to the screen when they notice you tipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.