1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Pasta on the Strip

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Publius, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Publius

Publius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the best pasta places on the strip? Just curious what everyone thinks because I want to try some new places out.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  2. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Martoranos at Paris is one of my favorites. The carbonara and the penne vodka are two of the best pasta dishes I've had anywhere.

3. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dal Toro at Palazzo is excellent. Just stay away from Buddy V's at the same hotel. That place sucks.

4. roycpa

roycpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only a short cab ride is Nora's on W. Flamingo. Old school Italian - family owned and operated since 1991 (I think). We ate there for the first time this week. Two of us shared an app and an entrée/pasta, and couldn't finish it. We did have room for the panna cotta (Fantastic). I think it's 6020 W Flamingo. By all means, make a reservation.

5. Sparky4

Sparky4 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're with a group, Carmine's at Caesars is really good. They serve family style.

10th anniversary
  6. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Otto in Venetian Shops, or Scarpetta at Cosmo. Pasta at Giada's was very good too.

7. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on Martoranos.

8. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    -1 on Martorano's, but Carmine's is legit. The vodka sauce at Martorano's makes Staten Island weep. Too runny, no substance.

Nick:beer:

9. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While Giada herself gets on my nerves,and the tasting menu was good, but left something to be desired, that lemon pasta is dreamworthy.

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Portofino, at Mirage, is phenomenal.

11. klacey

klacey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trattoria Regiano at the Venetian is a hidden gem! It's tucked by the food court but has a very cute, New York Italian restaurant vibe. And the pasta is fantastic--filet mignon meat sauce and penne vodka are simple favorites. And my personal favorite part of the meal is the bread rolls. You can see them making them in the open kitchen and can salivate from a distance. They're dunked in garlic butter and rolled in parmesan. Not a low-cal option, obviously ;) but soooo delicious.

12. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really like Martorano's.
    The Penne with vodka sauce at Carbone in Aria is the best I have ever tasted.
    You never hear much about Fiamma at MGM but their short rib raviolini is fantastic.

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would put in a good word for Trevi at Caesars. Good food and great for people-watching.

14. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking as a guy who has owned his own Italian restaurant(not for long, unfortunately, ha ha) Trattoria Reggiano has been our go-to Italian meal for the last few years while in Vegas. And I've had both the Penne Vodka and the Filet, and love them both. My daughter, who makes her own from scratch, also loves their cannolis as much as any in Vegas. Prices are very reasonable. Especially for Vegas.

We also hit up Carbone last trip and loved that, too. Will definitely go back.

And getting back to the pasta dish, one of the best around is Scarpetta in Cosmo. My only issue was I'm very much a capellini kinda guy, and their spaghetti was too thick for my preference. Excellent gravy, though. Much more basil-based than mine, so it's a great change of pace for me.

Those, for me, are the top 3.

There was another favorite-maybe #1-at the Wynn called Stratta, that was fantastic, but famed chef Alex Stratta got ill for a while(iirc), left Wynn and changed culinary direction when he came back.

15. AcesFull72

AcesFull72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I 2nd Trevi. Love being on the "patio" area and people watch inside the Caesar shops and the food is really good. Love the fried mozzarella and lasagna.

16. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they're known a little more for their pizza, but the strozzapreti at DOCG at Cosmo is amazing

17. Big dan

Big dan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpeg
    Not the best I've had but solid. Italian place inside the westgate. 10 bucks with coupon from lva

18. Wonka

Wonka Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    which places makes their pasta from scratch? and from that list which ones would you say is your favourite?

Thanks!

19. spdandpwr

spdandpwr Low-Roller

+3 on Martoranos (sp?) great food, great service, great atmosphere -- I particularly like going there later in the day while the DJ is playing music and you have access to bar menu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.