1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best On-Strip Restaurant under $200 for 2

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Papagiorgio, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm new to the boards (this is my first post). I've been looking at restaurants and menus (many without prices of course) to determine where I should book a nicer meal one night to no avail. Open Table's dollar sign classification is difficult to follow for Vegas restaurants just because the extreme range in prices for the restaurants listed within the 4 dollar sign category (which just means prices of more than $50 per person).

Would someone kindly recommend a great non-steakhouse restaurant on-strip where the bill will be under $200 for 2 of us? I just don't want to spend more than $100 per person. We've already got reservations at Binion's Steakhouse and Mon Ami Gabi. I had reservations at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant but cancelled them due to a number of disappointing reviews with consistently negative feedback (plus we should already have a view of the fountains from our Premier Red Room). Thanks!

2. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you need to tell us a little more information like what type of food you are looking for (sushi, seafood, Italian...), that might solicit more recommendations.

Is the $200 excluding alcohol, a bottle of wine could blow that budget?

3. Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input, you make a great point. The $200 bill maximum for 2 would be excluding liquor/alcohol. Only one of us drinks wine so a bottle is out of the question. Might have a mixed drink or two but that doesn't need to be included in the $200. In terms of food type, I'd be down most anything other than steak (eating steak once a week is plenty enough for me). Food-wise I dig chicken, pork, Asian (non-sushi), Italian, Southwestern, French, Mediterranean, seafood, and modernized southern/comfort food. Those are listed in no particular order.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sage at Aria is great. You might need to split a dessert or appetizer if that $200 is a hard cap. If you're a little flexible with that number, go for the signature tasting menu. $89 per person, four courses and fantastic.

I'm also a big fan of La Cave at Wynn. It's a small plates place - a bit casual, but a beautiful space and great food. 6-7 plates between the two of you would be more than enough food and still leave you room to sample their excellent wine and/or beer menu without exceeding $200.

If you want a wonderful lunch, check out Estiatorio Milos at Cosmo. They have a prix fixe lunch for $22.14 that is fantastic (there are a few items you can choose that will add to that amount, but it isn't necessary if you want to keep the bill in check - the "standard" offerings are delicious). It's a great opportunity to try a great restaurant on the cheap (I doubt you could do dinner there for $100 pp if you tried).

Usually, the menus that the restaurants have on the hotel's web pages have prices. Not always, but more often than not.

5. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The special places I like are downtown... Hugo's Cellar at Four Queens... wonderful cuisine at reasonable prices, romantic atmosphere. For a new place to dine... Andiamo's at The D has a varied menu and is excellent. Both places have menus on line if you like to look at them. Prices are listed on Hugo's menu and after looking at Andiamo's Las Vegas menu... I looked at the Detroit Andiamos to get the prices... they are the same as the Las Vegas site. I get a buzz just looking at all the different options at either place. "Yelp" and "Trip Advisor" have reviews and some pictures of food at both places. Both are within the $200 limit. Personally I love to take a dessert to the room for a midnight snack continuation of my gourmet eating adventure.

6. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bobby Flay's MESA grill at Caesar's Palace!!!

Just ate there in February.....it's amazing!!!

7. Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback. :nworthy: I checked out some of the establishments in the above responses and determined I really like the idea of La Cave. The menu has a great variety and I don't have to splurge more than my budget. Now I just need another two worthy restaurants. I'm sticking to a total food budget of 400 per day.

8. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One Suggestion...Different Approach

You might consider slumming it one night -- Twin Peaks, Bubba Gumps, etc. and go "all out" a 2nd night without a budget! Rich food each night can water down each experience...since they'd all end up being fairly comparable. (I'm a girl) and I actually enjoyed Twin Peaks for the food...shrimp is still on my mind, that was really good. I would love to try one of the really higher end restaurants and not think about $$ for night. Just a suggestion....

9. fenway68

fenway68 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May I suggest Spago at Ceasar's?-20% off available at the tix4tonite booth usually...I forget how much it costs pp, but it includes the %off on alcohol...

-s

10. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd second Mesa Grill at Caesars. Have been there twice and it was excellent both times.

11. Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is friggin' good tip if I say so myself. While I thought about splurging one night and goin' all out the next, I didn't think about it from the perspective of everything being fairly comparable. You've kind of cinched my wanting to book SW Steakhouse. I was on the fence, but now I'm thinking it's a go ahead. Thanks!

Another great tip that I truly wouldn't have known or figured out had you not told me. I had no idea that the discount ticket booth would have dining discounts. Who would have thought? This is awesome. Is this something that you purchase to get the discount or is this just something they advertise if you go there? I'm definitely intrigued so thanks! :beer:

So I looked at Mesa Grill but the other person traveling with me is anti-Bobby Flay. I tried to sell it but it didn't fly. In fairness I think it had something to do with his Burger Palace being horrible even after giving it a shot multiple times. But in my book I don't think it's a good enough reason to toss out Mesa Grill as a viable option. Oh well, at least by giving in on this I got out of having to pay the bill this night! Any other recommendations instead?

12. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Julian Serrano at Aria
    any of the light joints Stack at Mirage, Fix at Bellagio or Brand at Monte Carlo are all good
    Olives at Bellagio
    Are some that I would recommend

13. dglen

dglen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good tip, I didn't know about that, I really like the pizza at Spago.

14. Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually just booked Olives. Glad to know you recommend it. Looking forward to it.

15. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Julian Serrano! SO GOOD. and you can try so many things, that budget would allow for a lot of different tapas.

I also love Border Grill, that probably wouldn't get you near $200, but it's delicious. (Probably closer to $100)

Olives wasn't exciting to me.. we arrived and of course could not sit outside, so then.. it's not very exciting.

Eiffel Tower is good, solid. But yea if you have that view from your room, probably don't need it. But it is seriously a neat, romantic place.

16. Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to check out this Julian Serrano place right now. thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.