1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best of luck to everyone who's gotten slammed

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jerseyguy, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    with all this bad weather, power outages, fires etc.
    Been very lucky here,except for heat and humidity,not as bad as down
    south, cant really complain when I watch the news.
    Just south of here near AC, BAD news still 122k w/o electric.

2. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got hit pretty hard here in Columbus OH. I should have power back on...in a week? That's what they are predicting. This is not a very good situation.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no storms here, but 105 on friday, 106 on saturday, 104 yesterday. 106 is the highest temp in history. and i missed it all because the entire weekend i was in Biloxi, lol. :)

4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Temps hit 104 here Saturday and Sunday, which were new records for those dates. Fortunately, the humidity was only 20 and 30%, which is extremely low for here. Ms Gecko and I spent a couple hours walking around an arts festival Saturday afternoon, and then got in our usual 2-mile walk both days around 3:30. Yeah, it was rather toasty; but since we're toying with moving to Vegas anyway, didn't want to wimp out. As long as the power stays on and the air-conditioning works, we can't complain.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Temps here for another week again predicted to be 90s up to 100. The biggest problem is no rain. All of June and so far July, we've had 3/10ths of an inch here at the house.

I feel so sorry for the farmers, looking like a very bad year unless we get a good storm soon.

My lawn just crunches when you walk on it. Meanwhile flooding in other locations of the country.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another Columbus, oh victim here. Power is out at our buckeye lake house, shed was smashed by a downed tree, large limb laying over the roof. Just a mess. Luckily, our house north of the city has power! Hard to believe I. 2012 a rain/windstorm can knock out power for 8 days. Government needs to start mandating power lines be buried underground.

7. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparently this was the sky near the Montana/Alberta border the other day
    Pretty scary looking! Alberta is getting more n more wonky weather lately , too .... including tornados funny thing is we don't get the searing heat but still get the violent storms

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.