1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best neighborhood for christmas decorations

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LinLV, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinLV

LinLV Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there!

We always have a car on our Vegas vacations and love some driving around in Vegas.
    Now we were wondering: what are the best neighborhoods to watch some awesome christmas decorations on houses? In Europe we don't really decorate our homes, but it seems Americans do and we would love to see it :D

We are in Vegas december 24-31. Will people take down their decorations right after christmas or do we have a few days after december 25th to tour around some neighborhoods?

Thanks!

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know of any specific neighborhoods, but if you're in the area, stop by Sam's Town for that giant poinsettia tree and the winter wonderland in the atrium. And since you'll be close, we loved the lights on the cactus garden at Ethel M's. If you get there early enough, you can take a tour and get some chocolate, but we got there after closing.

3. LinLV

LinLV Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be staying at Sam's for the first three nights :)

Thanks for the tips!

4. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the Racetrack. They have over 1 million Xmas lights in all kinds of shapes and stuff. Its pretty cool.

5. JDOODY

JDOODY Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most homes keep there decorations on until December 31st so that works :) Here is a link to a site that lists awesome computerized Christmas light display's throughout the area. http://christmasinvegas.weebly.com/info.html

Around mid December the city of Henderson will post a list on their website of the winners from their annual Christmas decorating contest.

Also be sure to stop by the Bellagio conservatory where they have a wonderful display inside every year. If your lucky you can catch their famous fountains performing to Christmas music :)

6. roycpa

roycpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't miss the Ethel M Cactus Garden which is all lit up also. I think it stays lit until Jan 5 or so.

7. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm probably stating the obvious here but I would definitely check out the Bellagio conservatory. I'll bet they'll do a great job with it. Have a great trip!!! :peace: :beer:

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  8. LinLV

LinLV Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much all!

I guess we won't see the Bellagio conservatory, because it will be CROWDED and I'm not really into crowded places (why go to Vegas than?? That's a whole other story ;) )

So I have:
    - The race track
    - Ethel M Cactus Garden
    - Check the website of the City of Henderson when we head that way for the award winning houses :D
    - Maybe the Bellagio fountains and conservatory, if it's not too crowded over there.

Any more tips?

9. zignerlv

zignerlv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll be at Sam's. The Holiday fountain show there with snow fall is pretty nice, and underrated, we loved it! The Ethel M Cactus garden is a must, but it can get busy. Go on a weeknight.

Not a sight seeing thing but if you want to try a killer holiday egg nog, stop at Ellis Island. I don't remember you mentioning it in your trip reports, but Ellis Island is your kind of place. Kind of a fancy Longhorn! ;-)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.