1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Kept Secret . . . . The Barrymore!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Pinny Long, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinny Long

Pinny Long High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, so I'm not so good at keeping secrets, but I just wanted to say that this place was AWESOME!!! We ate in the bar which was really chic and luxurious. The food was unique and amazing. The bartenders and staff were all friendly but professional.

It is in such a weird location that you would never come across it if you weren't looking for it. In fact, my wife found out about it on Yelp or something and we were having trouble finding it even with the address. Turns out it's IN the Royal Resort. The Royal Resort looks like a complete mess from the outside but by the lobby, it too is a little bit of a gem (I'll look up reviews later).

Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone else has had the pleasure of discovering this place. http://barrymorelv.com/

2. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have dined there twice this year using Groupons. Here are my TR notes with some photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

03/12 We began by touring the lobby area which must fall under the category of retro chic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The restaurant itself is pretty nice though much smaller than I expected. There were some people sitting at the bar and several more on the patio, but the restaurant proper was barely half full this Friday evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We each ordered the roasted loup de mer, Mediterranean sea bass with a bean ragout, roasted Brussels sprouts and bacon while sharing a Caesar salad and baker.

[​IMG]

The combination of bean ragout and the sea bass was a bit strange, but the Brussels sprouts and fish were very good. As usual, our baker was way overdone. Service was very good throughout. ($46.70, Groupon, 3 Forks)

05/12 We dined here a few months ago so imagine our surprise when we were seated in a different, plusher dining room located to the right, just past the bar.

[​IMG]

We both ordered the loup de mer, black sea bass, with braised celery, fennel and artichokes.

[​IMG]

This was a different, better, version of the same entrée I previously ordered. We also shared sides of mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach which were just okay.

[​IMG]

Service was excellent. ($42.70, Groupon, 3.5 Forks)

[

3. Pinny Long

Pinny Long High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the photos, Westie. I didn't even peek into the main dining area. I guess that's something I liked about the place too since I eat many meals in bars. The bar area was a separate room and much calmer than other bars in restaurants.

We were there about 6pm on a Saturday night. I think they said they were full for table reservations for the evening. We just walked in. We were the only people at the bar for most of the time we were there. I don't know if that was the same fish we had or not, but we had a fish that was very nice. We also had some "sweetbreads", a foie gras, and a bunch of other things that I can't recall.

While I prefer eating in bars, those booths do look awesome!

As for the Royal Resort --- I didn't even know that place was open. I'd thought it was one of those ghost town properties waiting to be bulldozed. I'm curious if anyone has ever stayed there and what the rooms are like.

4. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.