1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Indian lunch buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Chrisnewton, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all I am looking for a good Indian buffet in Vegas, I have narrowed it down to 2 I think.

Origin India and mint Indian bistro

Basically I'd like one that will do a really really hot curry, hotter the better.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks all

Chris

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Have you looked at Tamba? Its the only one on the strip, its in the Hawaiian Marketplace area. They do a lunch buffet. I never ate the buffet but a la carte was good and the guys are Indian and can make it spicy if you want. Menu is typical north Indian. I used to know the owner, haven't talked to him in a long time though. Of the two you've mentioned I've heard good things about Origin as well but you know they're both off-strip right? You'd need to cab it or drive to them, so Tamba is worth considering since its the only one on the strip and the atmosphere is pretty cool too.

3. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I've been to 3-4 Indian buffets near, but not on, the Strip. All have been satisfactory. Can't give definitives on super hot curry, though. Usually, buffets stay away from that and focus on main-stream fare.
    Not saying they don't have it, but I'm betting you'll have to order it off the menu.

4. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    most indian buffets keep the food fairly mild so to appeal to the majority taste. a good one will do you something from the a la carte menu as a separate dish - and made to your taste. you'll pay extra though...

5. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for your replies

6. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten the lunch buffets at Mt. Everest India's Cuisine, India Palace and India Masala. I thought the first two were not bad but nothing special. India Masala was the best of these three. The food was better IMO and there was also a greater variety of selections on the buffet there.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.