1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best day & time to be bumped from LAS

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the best day (if there is one) and time (if there is such a thing) from LAS. So might AM flights be better than PM. Might there be a particular city(ies) that offer a better opportunity. Especially with SW.

2. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess would be PM flights would be better. A lot of people don't like leaving Vegas early because they feel like they're losing a day in Vegas. However, due to the way airlines are basically making sure they have completely full flights, then you could potentially be bumped anytime you want if you're wanting to volunteer for it. As for day, I have no idea.

3. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our flight about a year ago was oversold from Vegas to Denver. It was a mid to late morning flight. They had oversold by two passengers. We volunteered to be bumped and gave us credit for the trip amount home plus $300. We were on the next flight to Denver. Of course, we didn't get good seats as we went to the end of the C seating. It was worth it, because we were able to fly to San Diego for our vacation last June for free!!!

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monday, Feb 10 they were looking for volunteers. They were offering $804 for each of us and the next flight was in 3 hours. It was a flight from LAS to Milwaukee, with continuing service to Boston. We were going to MKE.

Anyway, after I found my wife and she agreed to take the bump, I got back to the desk and they already had enough volunteers. Now the funny thing is when the plane finally left LAS, there were 3 empty seats on it. Maybe more, but that is what I could see from my seat in row 9.

Christmas
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.