1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best current Uber/Lyft strategy for newbie?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JR Swift, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR Swift

JR Swift High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK....so,let's just say that I'll be flying into Las Vegas one week from tonight (which is actually true) and I have never used either Uber or Lyft anywhere but am intrigued and want to try it out on this trip. I figure that I might have between 8-12 times that I will need to "take a ride" somewhere over the 4 days I'll be in town. What's the best strategy? Overall, seems like the reviews for both companies are very positive. I just want to take advantage of any current specials and get the best deal I can. Will post my experiences right here for the benefit of others in my position. So, basically, just asking what I should do?

2. Uranium 235

Uranium 235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question.

I would also like to ask the locals if the McCarran WiFi is workable to the point where I can use it to request an Uber (I will have an international mobile and don't want to pay the GDP of a small country in roaming charges). Does the WiFi want all of your personal information to grant access?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. valleyman0505

valleyman0505 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe there are some promos for either $20 our $25 for first time users. I am looking into the same thing for my upcoming trip.

4. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

The WiFi at McCarran is pretty reliable. Access is only click. It's very convenient. It casts MLB games with no trouble at the gates. If using it to order Uber/Lyft be sure to do so before leaving the terminal. Both pick ups are in the garages and you'd surely lose signal. I've not used the WiFi for this purpose so your mileage may vary.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a heads up to the poster without U.S. cell/data plan. If you are sticking to wifi... it could pose some issues. Airport wifi is not going to work in the garage where you will need to find/meet your car.

Similar when you are outside hotels. Also, lobby wifi is sometimes restricted to hotel guests/login.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.