1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Bang for the Buck ?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by chess, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate that alot of these have "Stay one night" I am not staying at a MGM Property, but I am curious what the best bang for the buck is.
    My buddy and I are going, and I have 402k coins to redeem. I figured if I can nab a free dinner somewhere or buffett then hey screw it...
    I know they have added alot more rewards as it seems!

Thoughts ?

2. offandon

offandon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They really cut down on the rewards you can get at MGM properties without a stay. You could get a 2 for 1 dinner buffet at Bellagio and one at Aria and still have a few hundred thousand LP to spend. If you were going by the 16th people are saying the Cabana at Green Valley Ranch is the best bang for the buck at 175K LP but I am assuming your signature is correct in saying you are going at the beginning of December.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the Tender award require a stay? That's still good value and will burn 75k for you.

Cirque tickets?

4. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well thats what I figured, I havent looked at it in a long time, so I figured Id ask :)

That works though, I can take a 2for1 deal though that will work

5. akicks

akicks Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my opinion the best MGM use for points is a show. They do not require a stay from what I can see. The downside is that there is no way to use the points from one account to get two tickets. If you are going with someone else who also has an account it has been surprisingly painless for me to book seats together with two codes from two different accounts.

There are buffet rewards at MGM Grand that do not require a stay for some reason. These aren't a great deal in terms of the number of points required but hey, free food. Be careful as there are rewards that do require a stay mixed in with ones that don't. As far as I know all of the MGM resort buffets require a stay except for MGM Grand.

Finally there are some decent $50 off of $100 type rewards for expensive places that are worthwhile if you want to go anyway. I don't rate these all that high as there are so many good discount deals all over the place. If the reward lines up with a place you want to try though it is worthwhile.

6. Sophiaroberta

Sophiaroberta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Food or Shows. Ive used the $50 Rice and Co. It was pretty good sushi. We got two $75 at Tender, it was really good steak. (get the truffle mashed potatoes yum yum) We used the $50 camelot at the Excalibur. We have tons of lp. This trip was hard for us to find something that we would use. We ended up getting free play and $50 at the Piano bar.

7. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ended up booking 1 night at MGM so we could cash in a couple buffets and freeplay rewards. Got to pay a resort fee there or CET on a comp either way so it worked for a total of 8 buffets.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.