1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Airfares with Flexible Dates?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by smerrian, Jul 3, 2016.

1. smerrian

smerrian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know a travel website for airfares that doesn't require definitive travel dates? I want to come to Las Vegas in December but I'm retired and can travel any day. I can stay 4 days or 14 days. What I want to find are the dates with the lowest fares. Having to give specific dates on a search engine inhibits me from seeing my full options.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA also

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest has (had?) an option to show the cheapest days in a timespan. Also, Travelocity has (had?) a "flexible dates" option. Southwest is the only one that allows you to re-book at a lower fare without some kind of a nuisance charge.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indicating what city you are flying out of might get you some ideas. What search engine were you using that did not allow flexible dates? I thought all did, but maybe not. Keep in mind that Southwest does not show on many travel sites as you can ONLY buy through them. They will show you a full week and you just keep picking dates.

6. kkinwi

kkinwi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Delta (our only carrier nearby) and just check the flexible dates box.

7. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA--you can view cheapest fares by month when you click on "flexible dates?" box.
    AND you can change/cancel your flight at ANY time (right up until flight time); if it is cheaper, they will give you a credit. You must FLY within 1 year of original booking date and is passenger specific. If your credit is a large amount, call them before it expires. I believe we got a $400 credit extended 6 months or a year for $75-100 fee.
    This is FABULOUS if you use points to book your flight--those just get credited back to your RR account with no conditions.
    BE SURE to note somewhere your booking # & date and the amount of the credit. YOU will be responsible for knowing this when you book your next flight (unless you want to call to get it).

8. phantomfj

phantomfj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are flexible in your travel days and times, try checking out googleflights...you can filter in different ways and make it work for you (just click on the calendar icon next to your departure date), I like bringing up the price graph, it gives you at a glance the cheapest days to fly......it will also often tell you if you travel this day instead, it can save you this amount of cash....I use this to quickly find the flights I want, then book the flight directly through the airline

9. MTShooter

MTShooter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas: