1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Besides gambling, what triggers a "gambling day"

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DaiLun, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at Caesar's for an upcoming trip. I plan on giving CET most of my action.

However, I have many "use it or lose" it comps and (Free Slot Play) FSP.

I understand that Food and Beverage comps may/will trigger a "gambling day", but does using FSP trigger one as well?

I'm 99.55% sure that it will but I thought I'd ask.

GGWU!!!!! My "rebate" for the years play!!
  2. powersof10

powersof10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking about asking this same question but for mlife. I'm also curious about anything that might trigger a day beyond inserting your players card or handing it to a pit boss. Does checking in or out of the hotel with your player's card number trigger one?

3. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the free slot play is in the form of real rewards it would trigger a day because you have to insert your players card in order to use them and I'm pretty sure you accumulate points using them.

Thanks
    Mark

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't answer about CET, but any swipe of the card at Boyd, triggers a day. Restaurant; kiosk swipe to enter contest; pit boss at a table swipe, they all count.

Christmas
  5. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Swipe your card anywhere and you're active for that day. Also, you generally won't gain points on FP. Not until the point you are spending your wins.

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, makes sense. Thanks for all the replies. Gotta plan a strategy for what comps to take and what comps to leave alone.

GGWU!!!!! My "rebate" for the years play!!
  7. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been thinking about this actually lately. I usually don't gamble on my last day and if I do, I don't use a card as usually it's just quick, casual gaming. But on my most recent trip I wondered: does using my RC towards my room charges on checkout active a gambling day? Asking specifically for CET

8. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am wondering about this one as well. Also, if I get the rcs applied by a host on the nigh before checking out does it get applied that day or the check out day?

9. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if you don't play with your card at all and your host comps your bill on check out day, it generates a gaming day. ANY kind of comp will generate a gaming day. If you are not staying at CET, but go into the Diamond Lounge, it will generate a day.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Years ago you could build points while using FP. No longer. But, inserting the card will alert the system you are there.

11. wonkadizzle

wonkadizzle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And that coffee and breakfast sandwich you pay for with your ECs the morning of your departure? Yep, you just triggered a gambling day, and your THEO is shot for the trip.

12. meyers67

meyers67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read many posts stating that you need to settle your bill the night before check out to avoid a gambling day.

13. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I shouldn't be avoiding my card on the last day then. I guess something is better than nothing!

14. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was told by a host at Four Queens that using comp dollars to pay for a meal would NOT trigger a gambling day.

I'm still afraid to try it. I'd love it if someone could confirm this or I'm going to have to test it out the hard way.

Another thing to know about FQ - they don't count your last morning of a stay towards your average. Good to know.

15. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was my understanding as well!

16. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about 4Q, but the slot manager at MSS told me any swipe of the card counts as a day, including paying for a meal with points.

Christmas
  17. waverunner

waverunner BBHMM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is interesting. I never gamble after 12 am on the day i'm leaving. But upon checkout, i use my reward credits to pay my bill. Would it be better to "check out" at let's say 11 pm and basically just leave the following morning?
    Or if i'm being "charged" on my checkout day no matter what, would it matter if i still gamble on my card after midnight or in the morning?
    Can you do your checkout before 12 am and not gamble after 12 am on the last day and not be "fouled".

18. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not know 100%, but I do my points the night before and then put my card away.

19. waverunner

waverunner BBHMM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks man. I'll do that. I never gamble after 12 am on the last day (meaning i use my card), but i didn't know about using my rewards credits to pay my bill on checkout at 11 am would be a zinger.
    Better safe than sorry.

20. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would bet that, if you "check out" at 11PM, housekeeping will be knocking on your door first thing in the morning wondering why you're still in a room that you checked out of.

I think the gaming day trigger question would be a perfect thing to ask PHVhost to get the answer straight from someone who will know for certain how CET does it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.