1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Benefits of using Uber transportation in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by GreggWizard, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lately I've been hearing an awful lot about Uber transport company from a variety of sources. I've read a bit about them to get an understanding of how their company works. It sounds pretty cool and seems like it would have a lot of benefits over traditional cab service in most urban areas, but does it really have any advantages in an area like Las Vegas, where there are droves of cabs lined up waiting for riders? I know the cost isn't that much cheaper, if at all, and Uber's competetive edge is their ability to get a driver to you within minutes - but in Vegas this wouldn't help them compete with cabs. Has anyone used them and found any hidden benefits?

Thanks!!

2. dnorth

dnorth Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used Uber for the first time in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. I can tell you that the cost is considerably cheaper then using a traditional cab. There is some added flexibility in being able to request an Uber XL which will hold more then your traditional Uber and cab. I found the ease of paying for the Uber to be a huge advantage over cash transactions with a cab or even using a credit cab with cab. I also found the Uber drivers to be considerably more friendly then cab drivers. I'll be using Uber exclusively in Vegas going forward and likely in any other situation where I need a cab.

3. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some good tips and points - thanks, North!!

4. boxofbirds

boxofbirds High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree the benefit of Uber is the price and the pay convenience. Don't have to worry about carrying cash, making change with the driver, etc. Cabs in Vegas charge $3.00 fee for using your credit card. Which they've gotten called out for as an excessive price.

But remember, if there is "Surge" pricing then Uber could end up being more expensive for a cab, but the app will tell you before you book the trip.

Trip #12
  5. FullPay

FullPay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber and lyft drivers are incentivized to get you to your destination as quickly as possible, Vegas cabbies make more money by long hauling you. You also get a record of the route taken and an opportunity to critique the experience. My lyft downtown was about fifteen from the airport, I've had cabs as high as twenty five.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a number of other posts talking about Uber here as well with lots of feedback. Scroll down the page for more information... maybe 4-5 threads in the past week.

I will add in that the current pickup for Caesars is terrible. Drop off is fine.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.