1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio room recommendation

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by wysiwyg, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tomorrow's the big day. Still not sure what to ask, but will see how it goes. Thanks all for your comments

2. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got in and settled. Bellagio is very nice. Got an upgrade to a full fountain view room in the main tower. Amazing view. Just a little concerned about the noise from the blasts from the fountains every 15 mins. Luckily is stops at midnight.

3. mild67

mild67 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me know how the noise is. Ill be there in late August. Vegas virgin.

4. Geegee22

Geegee22 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How'd you get the upgrade?

5. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Geegee22, please see my original post (#1) regarding the upgrade.

Noise was actually not a concern. Coming from the east coast and awake since early in the morning, I was out cold by 9:30pm! I slept great but always wake up early the first morning (4am here now).

P.s. wifi is amazing, never had such good coverage and speed in any hotel before.

So far after about 12 hrs, I can only say positives things about this place. I will try to answer question throughout my stay.

Biggest challenge coming up: finding shade in the pool. I did a walk though around 4pm yesterday and 70% of loungers were vacant with towels left on them. When at Palazzo last year, they would clear them out throughout the day. This didn't seem to happen here at Bellagio. They should also have a lot more umbrellas (1:2 ratio) I will see. :wave:

6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from Bellagio. My friend asked for an upgrade but did not get one. I p***ied out on doing the $20 trick after he told me they said the upgrade was $50 a night. It was a crowded Saturday mid-day check in, so that's my excuse. But honestly I feel weird doing the $20 trick even though I want to.

7. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The chances of getting upgrades in any hotel are always worst on weekends as they run at/near capacity. I checked in on a Sunday and left on a Friday so that surely helped (I avoid vegas on weekends as it is a different crowd and just too busy). The very first time I tried doing it, I was scarred and put back my bill into my pocket at the last minute and simply asked for an upgrade. I was turned down and got a crappy low floor non-renovated room. This was at the TI. Every other time i did it, it worked and the few times I chose not to do the tip, it didn't. So I know it works and got me upgrades about 6 times now in various hotels. Sometimes you don't get a better room, but rather a better view, which often costs more.

Oh, and I did find the Jean Phillipe patisserie in both Bellagio and Aria. Personally, the one at Aria is miles better. I had a free pastry reward from MyVegas and used it to get a Mille Feuilles (Napoleon). It was amazing. The much more seating at Aria and much quieter. Lots more selection as well. If you go, don't miss it. I took the tram, but recommend walking as it will likely be shorter!

Finding shade was not really a concern since I arrived early t the pool. got thereat 8 and ate at the pool cafe. Anyone coming after 9 may have a challenge though. There a big shaded area near the front, but around noon, it's all sunny. Not enough trees and umbrellas, if you ask me..

8. Emeraldcity

Emeraldcity Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you worry about the noise from the fountains, just turn on your A/C, have the fan running all the time even just on medium. You don't hear a thing......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.