1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio Room Comp value

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Harry5, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harry5

Harry5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having split my last two trips between Aria and Bellagio, I have decided this time for various reasons to stay the whole week at Bellagio.

My host there has offered me 7 nights comped in a Deluxe Fountain View Room. What would you estimate to be the cost of this comp to the host (if that is the right phrase?)?

I am keen to build up my relationship with my host at Bellagio and do not want to low play him. Next year I hope to make at least two trips to Vegas and want to have some decent offers. But I am with a bunch of friends for the week (some at MGM Grand, some at NYNY) and we do tend to split our play across a number of properties-though all within the MGM group.

I play a mix of games (probably 50% slots, 30% craps, 10% blackjack and 10% roulette) and there will be about 4 hours of poker each day as well (not counted for comps I know).Overall I estimate my ADT to be around $1000 per day. I want to ensure that I play enough at Bellagio over the week to at least cover the cost of the room. But is the cost the rack rate? The Mlife rate? Or another rate altogether?

The Bellagio website rate is $348 plus tax and resort fee average for the week. Mlife (I am Gold based on one week long trip per year) is an average of $245 plus tax and resort fee. That is quite a big difference and I am probably in danger of being overcomped at current levels if the rack rate is the applicable one (and that assumes I give all my play to Bellagio which will not be the case).

Thanks in advance.

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard different answers to this question, so I am not certain which rate is correct. But if your ADT is 1k a day, you're fine with that kind of room.

3. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard different answers to this too. However, the website/mlife rate is not relevant in this calculation. From what I understand, MGM props use the same "comp rate" every day of the year. Last I heard it was around $200/nt for a standard room at Bellagio, possibly marginally higher for the lake view. I agree with $1000/day theo you will cover this no problem and should and have room left for some food and bev.

Check with the host partway through the trip to get an idea of where you stand.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comp rate at the B for a reg room is 200 a night.

5. Harry5

Harry5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies-very helpful. As mentioned, I expect that I won't just play at Bellagio so I needed to understand what proportion of my daily bankroll I needed to commit there. Thanks again.

6. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That might be a problem. Play where you like, but if you're "ken on building a relationship" as you state in the OP, then you need to give Bellagio most or all of your play

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.