1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio, January 16-20, Mini TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by UKFanatic, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Got home a few hours ago. Way too tired to write a full TR, especially for a four day trip that involved basically no sleep. So instead I will give some quick hits on the hilights of this trip.....

*Took three younger friends on this trip with me and the host at Bellagio really did great by setting me up with a two bedroom penthouse. Our joke on the flight out there was that it is simply not right to have a room with more bathrooms than people staying there! But the two ladies on the trip certainly seemed to like having their own space :licklips:

*I think this is a first: I got long hauled ...... by the limo form the Bellagio! What?!?! The driver used the tunnel and took a long route to the B. not sure why. maybe something was going on near the airport, but it was strange

*The gambling went really well all weekend (at least for me; one of the friends did not have a good go of it). I introduced all my friends to Baccarat and they are all hooked! They first watched me play in the high limit room the morning after we first arrived and I think every spare moment on the trip thereafter, someone said "let's go downstairs and play baccarat." I have created monsters! Anywho, craps was up and down, probably lost $1k total over the weekend. Bac was hot, though. Some fantastic shoes for my style of play, almost no chop. Finishe dup over $20k at bac, so I call that a fantastic trip! And the basketball bets went well also. Not exactly sure how much I ended up there, but it was four figures. And my Cats even won big yesterday, which made me feel good about betting them despite a ten point line.

*No great food stories form this trip, btu I would recommend highly the milkshakes at Holsteins at Cosmo. BlueSkadoo invited me to meet her, Natedogg, and some of his friends there yesterday afternoon. Great milkshake and great company as well!

*Saw O on thursday night. OMG! I had no idea! My friends and I were all blown away. I had heard good things about the show for years, but it was unbelieveable. The artistic design was ridiculous. I feel like I need to see it again just so I can take in all the little details I missed the first time around. There was simply too much going on to absorb it all at once. Highest recommendation!

*My three friends are all in their twenties and they wanted to go clubbing one night. so my host set us up a table at Hyde rught beneath the DJ booth. I was a little skeptical. I used to club some when I was young, but never in Vegas and I did not know what to expect. After years of seeing people trying too hard to act cool to get into a Vegas club, I assumed I would not like it. Fortunately, I was wrong.

The ladies took 2+ hours to get ready, but it was worth it. Everyone looked fantastic (even me ....... not sure how that happened) and my host hooked us up with one the club managers to walk us in as soon as we got there. Now, for those not familiar with ultra club pricing, it is insane. This is something I would never do in my life no matter how much money I may have. But since I had comps out the wazoo (and for some reason I cannot order and eat enough french fries from the snack bar to go through all my comps), we decided to pay the absurd price for the table.

There is no way the price for the table/booze can ever be justified, but the club does go all out to take care of the table VIPs. We had two waitresses just for us, a service guy who cleaned up after us (and fortunately saved all our drinks from the confetti cannon that went off a couple times), and our own security (which was great when I needed to take a piss and did not want to wait in the bathrrom line). I talked to all four of them at different points in the evening and they were all great people who did their jobs well. The music was some LA dj that did a good job and we danced for three plus hours, took a ton of pics, went to the outdoor patio of the club that overlooks the fountains, and generally had a great time until we were ready to collapse. By 3:30, our security guy took us out of the club and got us back to the VIP elevators. Which was probably a good thing, because at least one member of the group could barely walk. For vegas, I think that is acceptable behavior :evillaugh

Don't know what else to tell you about the place. I don't normally go to these clubs, so I have nothing to compare Hyde to. But it was a lot of fun.

*Last night in town, the friends wanted to go to the Strat and go up the tower. We got to watch two kids jump off the tower. Made me realize there is not enough money in Vegas to ever get me to do that! Yikes!

That's it for the hilights. Should be back there in two months for March Madness. Untile then, I will still be recovering from a too long night at Hyde, lol

2. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, sounds like a dream trip!!

5 bathrooms for 4 people had to be nice.

Really interesting to hear about the club situation, I had wondered about that new club. Sounds like you had a really great time there.

Congrats on the awesome wins and I'll be it was exciting getting to meet Natedog and to see Blueskadoo again.

I also had never made it to O and sorry I missed it after hearing your report, it sounds really good.:beer:

3. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR! I am leaving in 10 days, having not been to Vegas since 2nd week of December, so I love reading these trip reports! And I noticed you are from Nashville too. The weather is about to get brutally cold!

4. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Beejay. The room really was ridiculous. I was only travelling in style to impress/acommodate the friends. The regular room is fine. Although the separate VIP elevator is nice because there was never really a wait or a crowd.

I kind of wonder how Hyde compares to the Bank. I clearly don;t understand the nightclub scene, but why have two ultraclubs on the same property?? The markup on the alcohol is about 10x the retail cost, but I guess they have to find a way to pay for all that expensive confetti and plastic glowsticks! Seriously, it was fun, but I just cannot imagine paying for that stuff with anything other than comps.

5. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, just walked in from the store and it is serious cold out there. Definitely missing the mild vegas weather right now!

6. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great mini-report!

I got long hauled by the limo to Bellagio, too.

Agree, "O" is the best Cirque show and I just requested to see it again on my next Bellagio trip.

Sounds like you had a great trip and got to experience VIP clubbing/bottle service, something I've yet to do.

Thanks for sharing your trip report and congrats on your wins!

7. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome trip report! Congrats on your basketball bets. March Madness will be here before we know it :) Do you arrive Tuesday or Wednesday before the games? We arrive Tues late afternoon.

8. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad that you and your friends had the great time in clubbing, dancing and seeing O show during the fun trip. You aren't old, are you? We all believe that you looked just "fantastic" and handsome at the club, just as your screen name.

Did you gamble with Nathan and his doctor friend at Cosmo? Meeting Nathan would be a BIG WIN, right? Please post some of your winning and joyful photos. Thank you for sharing your joys with us.

9. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Actually, I only won a little on college. Most of the winning bets were NBA games. But college bball is my favorite sport on the planet, so I can't resist wagering on it.

Right now the plan is to fly in after work on Wednesday and stay through Sunday. Back in October, the Bellagio host offered me a reserved couch at whatever viewing event they will have at the Lily bar. I kind of think I underplayed my comps a bit this trip (not certain; I didn't monitor my bets as closely as I usually do, but my gut tells me I might have been overcomped this trip; then again, I'm sure I was undercomped on past trips when I tried to break the bank at the snack bar, so hopefully my host will notice). So I need to check with host and see what he will offer before I make a final decision on when I will arrive or where I will stay. Right now, its looking like me and two friends in March, so we will be gambling and watching baskbetall like crazy somewhere!

10. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, I am too old to be a club kid! Of course, the table next to us was filled with six or seven guys all in their forties, so I was far from the oldest person there.

And I am hoping that none of the pics reach the light of day! One of the ladies on the trip has already posted too many of them on her FB page, lol. Let's just say that we staged some intentionally racy pics so I could act surprised. Problem is, nobody outside the four of us at the club (and the Hyde staff that helped us stage them) are in on the joke! And if I looked decent, it was only because I made the ladies on this trip put something together for me to wear from my limited wardrobe. They were magicians, lol

Nathan and I both agreed that I should never shoot craps with him since I play so much darkside. We both realized what a bad idea that would become very quickly! But I did tell him that if he ever wanted to slum it at a thousand dollar bac table to let me know and I would join him :thumbsup:

11. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have the wrong attitude man. You're never overcomped unless you actually promised your host some level of play and then purposely didn't deliver. You didn't do that did you? Hosts deal with hundreds of players each week. Sometimes players come in below expectations -- usually they don't. A host is never comping you more than he is really allowed -- it's either at that max or less -- usually less. That's their job. They're not your friends. They even try to undercomp big players like Natedog.

Congratulations on the win. Don't feel the need to make it up to your host by betting above your level and giving it all back.

12. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny you should mention The Bank. I had a trip eerily similar to yours, Bellagio 2BR Pent to impress a bunch of 25 yrs old chicks, except I did a 48 hour bender to start the trip and passed out on the couch watching National Treasure while the girls were doing the 2 hour club prep so I never made it.

At least you could hang bro.

13. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR! Maybe I should have joined you in Baccarat! Oh wait, it was at an MGM property....

One question, by younger hot looking female friends do you mean "friends", subject didn't come up on our milkshake break...I always wanted to share a penthouse with two "friends"....

14. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely agree. I never play higher than I am comfortable to either chase comps or make it up to my host. I like my Bellagio host a lot. We get along very well, but I understand its a business relationship. I have killed MGM for two years running now and my host has confirmed that all he cares about is my play, that he gets something based on my theo, not my actual win/loss. Hell, he jokes about quitting his job and just backing up my bets to make a living.

But I know I played less than usual on this trip. Typically, on a four night trip, I end up gambling somewhere between 12 and 25 hours, just depending on what else I have going on and whether I am winning or losing. This trip, I think I barely cracked 10 hours at the tables. It wa a combinastion of hitting my win goals very quickly and having other guests with me that were not into gambling 24/7. For what its worth, I earned approximately 200k in TC (last big trip to Vegas in October, I think I earned 400k), although my EC did not budge at all. Going to call my host later this week when he is back from his vacation and see what is up with that. Same thing happened to me once last year and they simply added the EC a week after the trip.

15. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, I could barely hang. I took a nap on the couch for the last hour of them getting ready Friday night. I think I am finally paying for it today

16. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:

17. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, I guess my TR makes it sound a lot more mysterious than it actually is. One of the friends is, I suppose, my girlfriend (its complicated, so we don't put a label on it) and the other people with us were her best friend and her husband. So sorry to ruin any fantasties for anyone. BlueSkadoo met them all and can confirm everyone was quite normal (well, sort of). Although, my gf and her bestie did get so hammered at Hyde that they started making out with each other (which the other woman's husband thought was awesome; I just kinda laughed at it). Besides, if I were to ever bring two "friends" to vegas for that kind of weekend, I would most assuredly get a room with "one" bed! None of this two bedroom stuff :evillaugh

18. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Congratulations on the nice win UKFanatic! Sounds like it was a fun trip. My girlfriend and I are going to see O this weekend as well but are staying next door at Aria. I wanted to stay at the Bellagio because I love the vibe but a host offering a sky suite and a bunch of other stuff at Aria was too good to pass up. I thought you lived in the UK, but I see its Tennessee so its more understandable you've never been to an "ultra" lounge before. Yeah the costs are just plain dumb, but here in NYC this was the scene years before it spread to Vegas or anywhere else so I've gotten kind of immune to the absurdity of it all. You're lucky it all got comped though but playing $1000+ baccarat it would be a shame if it wasn't.

By the way the limo driver didn't long-haul you. I'm assuming you were just saying that jokingly. But sometimes the longer way is faster especially to the Bellagio side of the strip, its just more expensive in a cab but in a limo doesn't matter.

Can you describe your baccarat style of play? How do you press?

19. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O is definitely worth it! I can't get some of the images out of my head. Just an absolutely fabulous show. One thought did occur to me the day after seeing it: what do the performers do between shows? Do they just sit around drying off until the late show starts? Made me wonder ........

My bac style is totally boring. I really don't press much. I wager anywhere between one to three units, usually playing one unit and sometimes two. I really only get up to three units if I am down. Otherwise, I play bank and almost exclusively bank unless player gets on a roll. If player hits three in a row, I switch to player and ride that until it switches back to bank. My goal for any session is usually pretty modest (stop when I am up anywhere between 4 to 7 units, just depending on how much I feel like playing). Sometimes I will play multiple sessions in a row, so I am usually at the table anywhere between one to three hours at a time. Following that strategy, the only pattern that really kills me is three players followed by one bank followed by three players (meaning seven straight losses and usually a loss of anywhere between 9 to 14 units). That happened to me once this past weekend (it was my only losing session of bac the entire weekend). If I go through all of the units comprising my initial buy in (Iusualyl buy in for 15 to 20 units), I simply buy in again at a higher demonination and start over with a higher base unit. Usually, that works in bringing me back to close to even if I am down.

So to summarize, I simply play for streaks on either side (or just a good bank shoe) and start at a denomination/level where I know I can always raise my base unit bet if needed and still have plenty of bankroll to back me up. Oh, and I get very lucky, lol. My gf this weekend (first time she had ever gambled with me) remarked that I seem ridiculously lucky at the tables. Other friends have told me the same. Don't get me wrong, I have had some sessions go terribly wrong where I would lose well over $10k in an hour, but I have always had the bankroll to battle back and wait for the luck to turn. For an entire trip, I think the worst I have ever done at bac is to lose $3k and the best I have ever done is to win $30k. This weekend, there were mutliple shoes with bank and player streaks in excess of six in a row. When that happens, I make money.

20. foxierlady

foxierlady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the win. I'm way to old for clubbing anymore but glad you all had a great time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.