1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bell transportation. Bad!!!!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by golfer1903, Sep 9, 2016.

1. golfer1903

golfer1903 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there is gonna be all kinds of people responding that they used bell and had no problem.
    But I'm here to say I did and it was not pleasant. So if you wanna gamble with your travel use bell if not skip them. Uber is great and everywhere here

First on arrival
    The driver ask if you like to make a stop for booze or water. Oh that's so nice.
    Sure I'll get some. Wow takes you to his buddies place and wow is it scary area and a total rip off even compared to Vegas price. 18 dollars for 12 waters.
    On the way back to airport .
    Was told since I had a VIP limo shuttle I had to call day before to confirm pickup time
    So I did. Spoke to Dennis. Nice conversation set up a time for pickup. Great.
    Next day. Waiting outside no service.
    Call and they say your pickup is 45 min from now. I day not correct. I want make flight I spoke Dennis he set up and confirmed Devon now says nothing u can do see u then
    Hang up and call back actually spoke to Dennis. Claims he did not speak to me and can't help. I ask for a supervisor and now Dennis says they send a car now 10 min
    Well 20 min later he comes and it's a mad dash for the plane.
    Bell transportation sucks and can not be reliable never again

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have too much of a problem using them to get to my hotel (from the airport) but they aren't very reliable with their service from the hotel to the airport. They are probably batting 0 in picking me up at my hotel in time, that's why I would never purchase the round trip with them.

But one problem with many LV airport shuttle services. At the airport you sometimes have to wait until they fill the shuttle before they leave to go to your hotel. In addition, if you are going downtown and they don't have a downtown shuttle you have to go to all the strip properties before they go downtown to drop you off.

But the past 5 or so years I usually just rent a car so I can get around easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used it several times now (including last week) and haven't had a problem. Last week I had the "shared limo", Town Car solo from the airport, limo solo to. No issues, on time, nice, personable drivers, yadda yadda. Sorry you had a bad experience.

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've used them for hourly limo service a few times, no hassles. Also used their airport shuttle service, no issues except my hotel always seems to be the LAST on the route!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only used them once so far. I'm thinking that I didn't have any issues since my arrival/departure times were at off times. Got in at 2pm, and left at 7:30am. I used their "shared limo" and not their normal service. So, I don't know if that makes any difference.
    I've signed up with them for my next trip, so hopefully they'll be good. My times are more "main" this time.

6. golfer1903

golfer1903 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck full boat. I'll never use then again. Just hope your airline does not change your times and you will be ok. Cuz they don't change the times .
    Also don't let the driver stop and get you liquids at check-in. Unless u wanna spend double for your items of what the strip prices are
    I really think it was my driver not the company for my overpay on liquids he was a scammer. And the phone people are liars liars liars. Won't even admit to there mistakes just blame you . How about Manning up and saying were sorry we messed up. Will fix it beat we can
    No way. They just blame you and liar that they never spoke to you even when your talking the the exact guy you did before

7. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you book it online? I did it on my last trip a couple of weeks ago with the shared limo for $28 round trip. Got sedan by myself to hotel and limo by myself on return. I did not have to call the day before, and they email you the 24 hour confirmation of your time you setup online.

I would rather not deal with calling and setting anything up, as I can't confirm exactly what they are typing in. So, do it online and take out all of the guess work.

8. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do agree with uber being nice to use in Vegas. We took it to a couple of places and it went smooth. My buddy took it from airport and liked it too. So lots of options now.

9. gadgets19

gadgets19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the same as HOUtoLAS and booked online. Took awhile to get a car at the airport but for return received email day before and phone call from my driver the morning of pickup. Will be using again next trip.

10. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used them once in July to the airport and everything went well.

11. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I've found is that it really helps to email after you booked the VIP share a ride and they will manually make sure you are in the dispatch system with the right hotel and the right times. The last time I used the service, it was to Delano, which isn't on the list of hotels, and they manually changed the reservation about 10 minutes after I sent it. The driver for the return trip was right on time with my name on an iPad, waiting as I came out the door.

12. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you still want to use an airport shuttle service in Las Vegas, I suggest you look into the Super Shuttle. It only costs a couple of dollars more, but if you are a AAA member it can knock off a couple of dollars on the fare. You can make your reservation on line, giving them your flight arrival time and other information. They will text you when you arrive at the airport and tell you where the pickup location/shuttle bus number is. They won't wait to fill up the shuttle; they arrange the passengers on each shuttle so that they are to be dropped off in the same general area (downtown, south Strip, North strip, etc.) Last time I used them they called me to say that the driver would be 10 minutes late picking me up at Harrahs to take me to the airport because he was stuck in traffic. Ten minutes later he showed up and took me directly to the airport; I was his only passenger. I've used them twice over the past 10 months and have been very satisfied with their service. Uber/Lyft are also solid choices. Screw those Vegas cabbies and their long hauls.

Winter break
  13. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

Wanted to add our own "bad" experience here. We had a terrible experience with Bell, which we found interesting since apparently its the same company as Presidential, which we have loved. So maybe its a reflection of the driver.

Anyway....historically we use Presidential's roundtrip airport service with Champagne....its overpriced, but its tradition, so we forego our complimentary service from V/P for this. Never had a problem, polite drivers, clean limos, etc.

We used Bell a few trips ago because our stay was starting at the M, and Bell services the M as part of their airport specials which Presidential does not on their website (I was later told they would, you just have to call, FYI).

When we arrive for this trip, Bell's driver is frumpy and disheveled unlike the Presidential ones we've always gotten. When we went out to the limo, he informs us that if we want to have a drink we can save the champagne and he'll make us a cocktail. Sounds good to us, right? He pops open his trunk, and using the ice from the cooler makes us both a rum and coke in plastic glasses. Get in the limo, and the champagne flutes are dirty...which is likely why he offered us this drink?

The limo also was stained and dirty....it was a white limo rather than black which shows color more, but the seats were cracked and overall didn't make us feel pampered which is what we are going for with the limo experience.

Like I said, maybe it was more to do with the driver than the company, but its only Presidential for us.

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber and taxi are so much easier to deal with. I don't get it, other than for special trips.

Okay, maybe limo FROM the airport is cool. But getting back to the airport - I want a taxi or uber so I do not have to pray the reservation did not get lost in the system. So simple. So easy.

15. xothan

xothan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me personally you can't beat the WAX when going to/from downtown... Only $2 each way and a published schedule so you know exactly when it'll be there!

• Like Like x 1