1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Beer run?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mjmcnns, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjmcnns

mjmcnns Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I wasn't sure where the best place to put this is.

I'm looking for advice on the best way to pick up some beer for the group of guys I'm travelling with. We're landing at McCarren obviously and then will grab a cab to MGM where we're staying. We just want to make sure we have some cold ones kicking around the rooms.

Any advice on logistics? Better to take the cab somewhere en route to pick some up, or is it best to go somewhere on strip nearby?

Thanks!

2. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just make one of your buddies walk to the ABC Store/Grand Canyon experience to the right of MGM while the others check in. Two birds...one stone.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can actually walk out a door at MGM and be right across the street (not the strip) from a store that sells beer and sandwiches. Just cut through what used to be called the west wing (not sure what they call it now.)

4. DFdetroit

DFdetroit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually take a limo from the airport and our driver will stop at a store for us. He usually gets us a discount on it, plus he gets a kickback from the store, so it's a win/win.

Not sure if cab drivers will do the same, but it's really convenient, especially if you're picking up a lot of booze and beers. The bellman just puts them on the cart with my luggage and brings them up to the room when I check in.

The only thing I'd caution you on is to make sure your room will be ready, because most hotels will not let you check the booze with your luggage if it's not.

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that the place with the helicopter hanging from the ceiling?

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.