1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Beauty & Essex review

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by KBT2012, Oct 10, 2016.

1. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me start by saying I'm not very good at describing food/flavors/what-have-you this is just an amateur typing his thoughts on the restaurant.

This is my new favorite restaurant in Las Vegas. Everything about the meal was absolutely fantastic. We had Cesar Toast (one of the best things I've ever tasted), Yellowtail sashimi (best yellowtail I've ever had), Jerk chicken, ravioli, short rib mac and cheese, and a dessert that was basically fried donuts with dipping sauces. Everything from the service to the ambiance was fantastic - only very minor minor complaint I could imagine someone having is the restaurant is pretty loud - which didn't bother me at all. Oh I also had a cocktail called the Garrison which was very very good.

This is one of the very few places I've eaten at that I plan on returning to every trip. I know, I know this is probably a horrendously vague review - perhaps I'd be better at answering some questions if anyone had any.

TLDR: Beauty & Essex is F$%*#$& awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds great! I should have tried while there last weekend. My host told me to go out to dinner on her anywhere in Cosmo and I didn't take her up on it. Stupid! Lol

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review. I've been curious about the place and I'll be at Cosmo next month.

So what's the story with the portions? Is it a small plates joint?

Number 50!
  4. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We very much enjoyed our meal here last month

Yes it's small plates

The grill cheese and tomato soup spoons are fantastic

Another vote for short rib Mac and cheese

5. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it is small plates. It was me and a buddy of mine and we were suggested to order 6 plates after I stated we had big appetites. All in all our bill was about $150 IIRC and we were stuffed by the end of it.

6. 5Vegas5

5Vegas5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there 2 weeks ago at the recommendation of my host. I found it to be awful. Service was slow, bone marrow flavorless and the 14oz prime dry aged sirloin (ordered rare, served medium rare) was so tough I told the server when she finally came around that the USDA inspector should be fired. They did remove from the bill but I won't be back.

7. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks. I had a fantastic experience there but I didn't order either of those dishes. Our service was probably the best service I've had in Vegas and I've eaten most of the major steak restaurants on the strip and some other fine dining here and there. I had steak the previous night at Jean Georges - which was excellent.

8. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    monday nite is there late nite party nite it turns into a club

9. momo325

momo325 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i purposely took my bf to the one in NYC because i want to be able to compare it to the one at Cosmo.
    will be in Vegas for NYE... will defiantly go to this one....

Vegas for NYE!!!!
  10. mattcloss

mattcloss Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it a decent spot for a solo diner?

11. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto on Carve, thanks for posting! I also have been really interested in trying BAE, but was on the fence, your review was a huge help.

Also share Carve's question on portion-size. Hubby loves his food, small plates will not go over well, and I want to stick to places I know he'll enjoy...

Sooooo far away still...
    Cosmo, always our favorite part of our trip!
  12. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    150 each or 150 total?

My 2nd Annual New Year's Trip!
  13. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Total

• Like Like x 1
  14. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll say this - I have a very very big appetite. It was me and another buddy who also has a big appetite - we ordered the 6 plates plus dessert and we were stuffed. It was perfect getting to try several things as well.
    Essentially we ordered 2 appetizers, 2 main dishes, one side, and one dessert. If you like caesar salad at all order the caesar toast then report back and thank me. Lol. And as stated before all of this with a cocktail was roughly $150 IIRC