1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bday TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by IllMarty, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I had a SWA frequent flier ticket to use up and 3 free nights at the Plaza, so I cleared it with my wife and went to Vegas.

Day 1-Played blackjack,craps, and 100 play VP until 2am after arriving at 9pm. Check in was easy. Room was perfectly fine. -450

Day 2- Played BJ till noonish and was now up 200 for the trip. Met up with Becky for lunch at Chicago Brew pub at 4Q, and then Jer joined us. We found a 2 deck BJ game and played for an hour I guees with me losing my buy in of 200. They were going to dinner and I needed some down time so I left and tried to nap. I hooked up with Jer, Tonya and Becky around 8? and we went to Jer's kick ass suite where they consumed lots of drinks before we went to play blackjack. We played a bit and then I played craps at the table next to them for a while.We decided to leave arond 1030? and I left them at the entrance to 4Q as I was not feeling too great. By time I got back to the Plaza I felt a little better and played BJ for an hour before calling it a night at midnight.

Day 3- Played BJ, and bet 3 college football games in the morning. My streak of perfection on college games continues, as i am now 0-10 the last year and a half. :cry:In the afternoon I made a run down to Binions to play craps for a while and then hit Vegas Club for some craps before the World series started.I talked smack to anyone with Astros paraphenalia on Fremont street all day, which was fun too.:evillaugh:That was a positive trip and had a nice beer buzz going for game time. I saw some Sox fans and we went to the book at the Plaza and watched the great 5-3 Sox win.Sent Kikky a text and they were still at CC so I cabbed over.

Met the attendees, Kikky, Jer, Tonya, MNVegasgal and her husband, and Sticky and her husband, and ordered a rum and diet, which was really good. We chatted for a while and then I joined Jer and Kikky for some 6-5 BJ fun with the smokin' hot Jessica, who was really fun. we were having a blast, and I don't remember how long we played. Cece and Sticky left earlier and Jer, Kikky and Tonya wanted to go dancing in the mass of humanity. i declined as I look like Elaine Benes when I dance. I talked to some Sox fans who were milling around and then played BJ with Jessica at her new table. I escaped CC with a $200 win. :thumbsup:

Back to Plaza to play drunken craps, because i was pretty toasted by now. Lost $600 in about an hour, and then played more BJ for another hour and won $200. Crashed at 2:30am quite happy with my birthday trip. All told I had spent $750 over 3 nites and that included cabs, meals, and gambling losses.

Had a great time meeting everyone, (even though we couldn't find a limo to go meet Mikey) and they helped make my 42nd birthday a memorable one.

2. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

Ha ha. We've been picking on the Astro fans all week...

Sounds like you had a good trip. Happy belated Birthday!

3. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marty,

Good read - short and sweet. Sounds like you had a blast. It's fun to hang with the folk we have become friends with thru T2V and party a bit with others who are as Vegas crazed as most of us who hang here are. Nice to hear the Plaza rooms are OK . I'm working on the wife to go down in late Dec. It isn’t going so good though. Plaza sent a comp that I’d like to take them up on.

Glad you had a fun Birfday trip.

RW

4. Vegas Tonya

Vegas Tonya Margarita Connoisseur

Nice report Marty. It was good to meet you. I am sure your dancing skills would have been better than quiet a few people out there. Some of those folks were very intoxicated or they had not rhythm to begin with.

5. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it was more like they were very intoxicated out on the dance floor AND they had no rhythym to begin with.

I got stepped on, spilled on, slobbered on, spit on (I think)... I'm going to have to boil the shoes I had on if I ever want to wear them again!

6. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Too Easy.

:evillaugh

7. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With that out of the way, I know why you didn't make the trek to the El Co this time.

8. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You kidding me?? I *stayed* there two nights this time!

9. Vegas Tonya

Vegas Tonya Margarita Connoisseur

Oh yeah, the spilled on thing Becky mentioned....My shoes went into rehab the very next day.

10. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See, I just wanted to save my shoes from rehab. That's why I wasn't dancin'. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the bday wishes Kellee. Tonites the night...Go Sox.

Ross,
    My room was 1757 in the south tower. Not much view but at the end of the hall. Had a couch, sofa chair, king bed, table and 2 chairs with lots of open space. The walls surrounding the bathroom area were mirrored. Maybe you can use that as a selling point when working on the wife to go down in late Dec.

Like Terry said, too easy.LOL

11. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I'll ask her. She might enjoy a Vegas trip.:wink2: .....and being as the room is free.....

This one is for Terry and Marty:

[​IMG]

:evillaugh :evillaugh ;)

At least I wear underwear....:goofy:

12. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jerry I am free and lovin it!!!!!!!! Cosmo Kramer

13. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realize you're probably hung over Marty, but the correct quote is "I'm out there Jerry and I'm lovin' every minute of it!" ;) Great signature though - Stripes is a classic.

Excellent trip report. Sounds like you had a pretty damn good birthday. :thumbsup: Hopefully we'll meet up in March for MM3.

14. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Sounded like a good trip, Marty...with the exception of feeling sick, but it seems you were able to bounce back fairly quick. Next time you're out there go ahead and dance...you'll never see any of those people again anyway :evillaugh

Oh yes, Happy Belated Birthday :wiggle:

15. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ron,

Thanks for the correction. I knew I was off a bit. I hope to see you at the Madness too.

Angy,
    Thanks for the Bday wishes.

Marty

16. Jer

Jer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a great time for Sox fans in Vegas...

Hey, did you notice we were up until that lady sat down with her husband next to Kikky??? Talk about bad mojo... And then the guy stays on an 11 because he thought I would be mad if he took a hit? Classic!!

Glad you had a great time, and glad I could be a part of it!

17. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, he stood on 11 and he wasn't even drunk! Crazy! I know I was up about $50, maybe $75 when his wife sat down, and I saw a nice stack of chips over by Marty... all gone. She was a complete sourpuss too. We should've bailed earlier (story of almost all Vegas trips).

18. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jer and Kikky,

Yea, I had a good time with you guys too. So much fun playing BJ with friends who play the game the right way! :rolleyes:

Sounds like you did it up right Saturday nite after I left. Atta boy and girls.

Marty

19. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What an idiot. Everybody knows you only stand on even numbers below 12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.