1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BConnected Comp Room Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Eddyhazkell, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyhazkell

Eddyhazkell Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be the first time that my low-rolling self will have comped rooms and I am just looking for some clarification. My current BConnected offers are two nights at Gold Coast and two nights at The Orleans. Would I be able to use these two offers on the same trip, for example can I have two nights at Gold Coast and then go to Orleans for the next two?

2. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. and the free shuttle will probably be happy to take you between the two properties. Also, you will not pay a resort fee on the free nights although you will be asked to pay a resort fee on any other nights you book. Often on the B Connected page you will see a choice between a regular room and a "premium" room. Different folks have different opinions as to whether there is any real difference, but as long as it is free, you might as well go for the best. However, if you book extra nights, it will cost you more to book Premium for your stay. Last year the Gold Coast told me that if I wanted to get the Premium for my comped nights I had to pay extra for the paid nights. Just something to think about.

There was a post where one person was asked not to take luggage on the shuttle, but that seemed rare to us. Turtleman is on his way to check it out this week and give us the straight truth. Keep a lookout for his report. I can't seem to find the thread. I'll keep looking and pop it into this thread if I find it again.

3. Eddyhazkell

Eddyhazkell Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the quick response! I figured that I could but I tried it on the B Connected site tonight and it just didn't seem to be working. I will call in the reservation tomorrow. I will definitely use the shuttle as well.

4. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let us know how that works. Be sure that you have not already booked on the B Connected site when you call. Sometimes it looks like there is no booking, but there is. I had that happen this week when booking Excalibur on line.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely - that's exactly what I'll be doing this Friday with 2 free nights at GC, then 4 free at Orleans (2 mine and 2 Ms. Gecko's), and then 2 more free back at GC.

6. Catzilla

Catzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Turtleman,

I receive 2 night offers from GC and Orleans, but they usually say that a period of 72 hours must elapse between complimentary reservations on the mailers. I'm a Ruby card holder, so maybe that is the difference?

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, the 72 hours refers to offers at the SAME hotel. That's why we're moving after the first 2-nights at GC and back again after 4 nights at the Orleans. Besides, our offers at the Orleans are good only Sun - Thur. while both mine at GC are good on weekends.

8. Catzilla

Catzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really?! Well, duh. :eek: That's sure good to know. I always thought it meant at any Boyd's property. I may have to take a look at changing some reservations. Have comped rooms elsewhere, but they always tack on the resort fee. Thank you so much for the info, Turtleman.

9. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad I could help Catzilla. Yeah, the wording can be confusing. Checking my notes, we've used multiple offers at all seven Boyd Vegas properties since 2002 with never a problem!

10. Catzilla

Catzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate it, Turtleman. I do have another question. Have you ever double booked any of your nights? I've only staying 3 nights in June, 2 at Rio and 2 at GC. I double booked the middle night, because both offers required 2 night stay and I like doing it that way anyway. I have an Orleans offer for that same time, but it also requires 2 nights. Are the Boyd's offers completely separate of each other? Since both offer a little FP and/or food credit, I don't want to get myself in hot water.

11. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've double booked quite a few times when we weren't sure about dates or where we wanted to stay. (We always try to reserve rooms first, as they can be changed or cancelled, and occasionally a free offer becomes unavailable if you wait too long. And at least on Delta - you book it you bought it!)

I know Coast properties share the same reservation system, as do the three downtown properties. Nonetheless, we've never encountered difficulties with overlaps when booking on-line, which we always do when possible. Occasionally, we've had to call to reserve or make changes, and a few times they commented about overlapping reservations. I simply told them the truth - that we weren't yet sure of the dates, but wanted to lock something in and would cancel the unwanted nights as soon as we knew. We've sometimes tacked on extra nights when unsure how long we wanted to stay. Just be sure to cancel before the deadline. Never a problem!

As for a two night requirement, they've never cared if we departed early. In fact, we've sometimes told them when checking in just as a curtesy. Most on here, however, say they simply leave without checking out. It's usually a lot easier taking care of rooms than winning!

We've never yet checked into two separate hotels just to take advantage of FP or food credits. Maybe we should, but just don't.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  12. Eddyhazkell

Eddyhazkell Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, that is pretty much what we will be doing in July. I had no issue booking the rooms today when I called them in.

13. Catzilla

Catzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, Turtleman and GOOD LUCK on your trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.