1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Baz

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by kel3420, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, our group of five went to the show "Baz" at Mandalay last night. I have to tell you that it was awful. It was worse than awful. We walked out after an hour. I would have left sooner but the actors/singers/dancers were putting their all into it and I didn't want to be rude. I had read several reviews saying this show was great. It was not. We filed a formal complaint last night and I was told to go to the ticket desk today to try and get my money back. Just thought I'd let you all know. Don't waste your money.

2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. With some of the reviews I had been thinking about it.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard of it. Thanks for the review.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its there kinda version of abstinthe , atleast thats what there trying its a spiegel world thing , its a hit in los angles thats how it wound up in vegas, i never thought the venue would work, i know there give out free tics to ever concierge and industry movers spread news about it,im surprised as a local its hasnt been offerd for for us yet.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems there are quite a few videos on youtube. Took me about 30 seconds to look it up.

Now I know what to expect. Pretty simple.

Thanks for the review though. I love moulin rouge and Baz in general makes some great stuff so I would give it a shot. Of course now I know not to expect Moulin Rouge or at least the party scene from it at the beginning, If they had a place like that in Vegas it would be awesome!!

of course I never like to pay full pop for tix anyway so would wait for a discount.

6. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the warning. I had read a bunch of great reviews, and was thinking about going. Found tickets for $20, and thought it has to be worth that, right? Haha. Guess I will wait now and see if it lasts. What I thought was weird, is that it is a "Cirque du Soleil" show. They have had a few bombs now, with Elvis, Chris Angel, and now this one if it is as bad as you say.

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen good reviews and bad reviews. Take them all together and make up your own mind (perhaps with the added bonus of checking out some youtube video as well).

I never make a decision to do something based on a sample size of 1.

At the same time, OP, I'm sorry you had such a terrible time! After falling asleep in Zumanity and O, I don't do Cirque anything.....

8. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the 3rd to last night (Friday, August 27) thanks to a free hook-up on the tix. The cast tried really hard and they were talented, but the set up of the show was just weird and I lost interest pretty quickly. I have serious doubts if it will find a new home, I expect it to just go quietly into the night. With all the choices of shows in Las Vegas, this show easily gets lost in the shuffle. So many better options at all $$$ levels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.