1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bars for people in their 50s

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by MikeOPensacola, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there any neat bars on the strip, either in a resort or not, that are not filled with the younger crowds and ear shattering music. I'm just looking for some place that is a little unique with the Vegas flavor where a guy my age can go and enjoy a drink or two in peace. Any suggestions for the strip or even downtown would be appreciated. Thanks.

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Peppermill Lounge (the back of the restaurant) on the strip, not too far from the Riv. Old school Vegas vibe, with fire tables, mirrored glass, and cocktail waitresses in full length cocktail attire. There's some music videos playing on a few tvs, but it's pretty quiet.

If you are a fan of Tiki, then get a cab to Frankie's Tiki Room on West Charleston (near downtown). I just did a writeup of it on my blog. See my sig for a link.

In general, most of the bars/clubs are pretty chill for the first few hours they are open. The young house music pumping crowd doesn't get going until late. For instance, if you go around 5 when they open, the Mix at the top of Mandalay Bay offers spellbinding views and is a great place to relax. It's quiet and there's no problem getting in early.

3. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Foundation room, The Hotel

Superbowl Baby
  4. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The PepperMill

Yeah, that is exactly the kind of place I'm talking about. I've been going there every time I go to LV going back to the 80s. Love places like that with the old Vegas feel, but does not have the club feel to it. Good call on that one, any more places on the stirp like that? Thanks.

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  5. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One more Downtown... The El Cortez has a new cocktail/martini bar called The Parlour. They have comfy leather chairs, a classic cocktail list (also martinis and a few beers) and they play music of the 40's and 50's (think Bing Crosby) at a moderate, you can easily talk over it level.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.