1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Barrett Jackson show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by maryup, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maryup

maryup Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are coming to LV for our husbands to attend the Barrett Jackson show. Any tips on attending this show and what we should expect.

2. ogksteve

ogksteve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went last year and we're going again this year. It was a lot of fun, but I am a car nerd. We went on Thursday (first day of auction) since all of the cars were still there. All of the auction cars and other cars from local dealers (mostly exotic cars, Lambos, Ferraris, etc.) were on display. We spent hours walking down the rows of cars and taking pictures.

When you walk into the arena where the auction is held, general admission ticket holders sit up high in the seats which is a great vantage point since you're looking down onto the stage. Since Thursday is a light auction day, they let anyone go down and sit in the floor seats so it looks fuller on SpeedTV. Which gets you much closer to the stage.

3. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year Ford, Chevy and Porsche had demonstrations (included in your ticket) that allowed you to drive or ride in their cars on a closed course out in a parking lot. The best ride along was with a pro driver in a Corvette Z06 - scary fast! Ford had some Roush Mustangs you could ride in and regular Mustangs you could drive. Porsche was letting people drive Carreras.

Inside, the collection of rare, vintage and one of a kind automobiles for sale is amazing. I literally spent hours checking them out and snapping pictures. Here are my shots from last year: http://carguy.smugmug.com/Cars/Barrett-Jackson-Las-Vegas-2011/20807534_pvTWmB

Lastly, there's more to the aution than you get to see on tv. Each car through is about 3 minutes, with staging, chances for bidders to get a last minute close up look, models parading the accessories for bidders to see and much more bidding time than seen on tv.

4. maryup

maryup Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. Maybe I might go also.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome info and pics, thanks

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've gone the past 3 years, and are going this year, usually, my Dad (in his 50's) goes, and me and my Mom go shopping and gambling. I hung out with him a little bit one of the years, it was fun test driving all the Ford's and Chevy's and stuff, and take a hot lap in a Mustang. He LOVES this. He loves to see all the auction cars and stuff.

But, I know I would get bored, and he doesn't want to leave because of me. He usually stays for a few hours, and goes a couple days, so thats why he usually does it himself. I would suggest you guys go do something else, let the husbands hang out.

7. mmyers81

mmyers81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i love this show and so does my husband. i would love to be able to go to this. where would i find tickets oct 21-27 we will be in vegas.thanks all

8. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great time highly recommended!

You can go to barrettjackson.com and they have a link to ticketmaster and you can buy one day or 3 day passes to auction. I am going this year went two years ago and it was great.

9. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's an annual show that happens every September. Your trip in October will be too late(I'll be there then too), but you can catch some of the action on the Speed channel.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, it's 9/20-9/23 at Mandalay Bay.

Heads up to future attendees. Hotels are REALLY expensive that weekend, usually for a host of reasons, so we booked ours months and months in advance. Keep that in mind if you want to go next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.