1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bar Vdara Review

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Piggylane, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has always been one of my favorite hangouts since it opened but many people miss it.

Just finished some amazing lamb lollipops. They have a small bites menu with several interesting bar snacks like flatbreads, tacos and sliders but they are anything but traditional. Tonight I just wanted something simple, light and tasty. The lamb lollipops, three lamb ribs, were fantastic! They had a blueberry BBQ dipping sauce and really hit the spot. At $16 it's not for the budget conscious but nevertheless well worth the experience.

The bar serves traditional drinks of course and many specialties. I am drinking their "Fasionably Late" cocktail. Bourbon, sherry, brown sugar syrup and a cinnamon stick. Didn't think I'd like it. I'm on my second! At $14 it's a stretch but I have a big resort credit to burn. :beer: I can see a third in my future...:licklips:

Since the last time I was here they've added an outdoor area three fire pits. Right now, at 8 pm on a Thursday I see one other guy inside, as I am and two tables occupied outside a couple peeps at the bar. Weird. This is a fantastic place. Maybe it's too early.

Service here is by an absolutely professional staff. There's a heck of a difference between a bartender and a mixologist. The latter works here. You don't want a drink from the former unless your purpose in life is to get hammered, not to enjoy a drink. The cocktail servers are gorgeous, friendly and extremely knowledgeable.

Give it a shot sometime if you like a nice quiet, elegant place to relax and snack! Definitely a return again location!

2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They carry a great IPA from Utah, yes Utah!
    Try it

3. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i go through phases. The beer phase is in the past. For now. I'm in a bourbon and rye phase. I saw they had quite a selection of craft beers. Maybe someday I'll try one. I've been spoiled in Belgium. There beer is a religion. What is brewed and served here is close but not the same thing.

4. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped by Vice Versa last night and I really like what they did with the place. Nice outdoor area, good place to grab a drink and just chill. I didn't order any food, but their menu had some solid options.

5. cazmarr141

cazmarr141 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for this. We are planning on heading here on our upcoming trip in 3 weeks, but can't find much info on it. Very much looking forward to it now. Lamb lollipops sound great!

6. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped by Vice Versa again on before heading out to the airport for drinks/food. Had their Fried Mac & Cheese Bites (3 decent sized bites) and Loaded Potato Tots (fairly big portion), both were great. Service was a little slow and the place itself was fairly dead (around 2 PM). As Piggylane mentioned, it's a nice, quiet place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.