1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Bar top VP at Aria - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by nubia11, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me start by fully disclosing that I've played a fair amount of sub optimal bar top $0.25 to $1 VP at Cosmopolitan. Why? Well, for one, we seem to stay there on a semi regular basis so, there's sheer convenience. More importantly, the bartenders and cocktails are great and we always seem to meet fun and interesting people while playing, particularly at Book & Stage.

So, we are shaking things up and staying at Aria this time around and I have no doubt we will feel the urge to hit some bar top VP. I plan to break tradition and game at Aria so I'd love to get some opinions/input on Aria's bar top VP offerings (minimums, pay tables, etc.) as well as the bar service in general. Typically, I'm a Bonus Poker player, although I will hit DB or DDB at some of the joints downtown or when I just need to shake things up a bit.

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

The City Bar at Aria had very good bartop VP. I'm not sure about the minimums but at $5 they had full pay JoB and BP and at $1 it was close (I think 9/5 JoB). I don't recall if they offered games below $1. I believe they had the double-up option enabled too. The machines are all the newish type of widescreen ones and in good condition and the bartenders are fast and take good care of you.

3. Ben Jammin

Ben Jammin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria rubs me the wrong way because it's the only Strip bar to date that has bitched about me not playing more than one credit. I wanted to get drunk for cheap, obv. :evillaugh The bartender clearly pointed out to me that I had to bet at least 3 credits at quarters. After that I bet max to fulfill his request, hoping to hit a Royal to rub it in his face. No such luck, however. :mad: It may have been partly my fault because I do remember not grabbing a dollar to tip him immediately, so maybe he thought I would stiff him. I gave him a dollar when I left because I'm like that, but I really shouldn't have.

As for the game played, that day I played "Colorado Deuces" (96.77% max) because I probably had an urge to try deuces. It had to be near the top game on the list because I usually play that. For example, I always play 7/5 Triple Bonus Plus (97.67% max) at CET bars. That bar at Aria might have had 8/5 DDB and 6/5 Bonus for quarters though, which pay up to 0.1% more. But don't quote me on that since I often play 6/5 Bonus if it's my best option.

Reading TR's on here, it looks like there are better games for dollars like 9/5 DDB, unlike CET bars where paytables don't change by denomination to my knowledge.

5. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless things have changed, at least one of the bars has 9/5 JOB at the $1 level. I think that's as good as it gets.

Hopefully someone with recent experience can comment.

6. FountainFiend

FountainFiend Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my last trip, Lift Bar (formerly Bar Moderno) had 9/5 JoB minimum $1. I did not look at other pay tables, unfortunatly. I think that is a pretty generous pay table for a bar, and I usually chose JoB at a bar for the lower variance.

I would say if you are used to Book and Stage at the Cosmopolitan, the drinks aren't even in the same ballpark at Lift Bar. Nothing bad at Lift, but nothing extraordinary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.