1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's Grand Bazzaar

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mazoom, Jul 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mazoom

mazoom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be in Vegas Sept. 26. Staying at Bally's. Is the Grand Bazzar Completed?? Opinions please.

2. hieber

hieber Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and i were just there - we were not impressed shops were very very small most of them had little to nothing in them. i would describe them as small cubicles with advertising

3. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More like Bally's Grand Bizarre. You wonder what Gary Loveman was thinking when he signed off on it. Oh, wait. He was thinking only of himself, his bonus, the bonuses his executives were going to get and how much money he could screw the shareholders out of before bankruptcy. So why not blow several dozen million on a worthless project like this? A totally bizarre, out of place, tacky waste of effort and money. Absolutely what I expected out of CET.

The always broken down walkway, dirty fountains filled with beggars diving for nickels could have been turned into something bright, vibrant. Perhaps like the park they are building around NYNY/MC for the arena yet CET decided to fill emulate it with more Hawaiian Marketplace bead shops that will close as soon as their leases expire. Most of those store fronts will never open.

Stupid.

They did a decent job at Linq but will never see a profit from the High Roller, too expensive, too few riders.

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's open for business. Some of the shops near the back are still vacant or in transition. Yeah, the shops are the usual cheezy stuff - but it's better than what was there before. My wife and I thought it was worth a look.

Bill

5. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you talking about the rows and rows of identical steel box containers hardly 10'X10' each, 70% empty with the others housing mindless trinkets and doo-dads that can be seen in every other Hawaiian Marketplace type of establishment on the Strip?

The ones that are lined up like soldiers in formation, hindering access to Ballys entrance and causing bottleneck effects to those walking the Strip?

That Bazaar?

It's o.k., I guess.......:evillaugh:poke: :beer:

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  6. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked though the bazaar in April. I didn't go into one store except to tell our ladies where we were going.
    It's remarkable to me how wonderful the Linq is and how the Bazaar completely missed the mark.

7. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A high end, upscale, over priced Flea market. Stayed at Bally's a month ago, walked through it twice, otherwise went out the sides to Stage Door or Paris, nothing to see there.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.