1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's/ Flamingo access limited

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Carole, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carole

Carole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not know where to post this so I will put it here....my daughter just stayed at Bally's for last few days. Says access in and around has gotten very bad. You can no longer go over the bridge towards the old Bill's, it has been closed. You have to take the bridge to Bellagio and head north. The bridge that crosses the street from the south side of Caesars and goes across to Bill's or Flamingo area is also closed so you must go very north and cross.

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update....not good news....we arrive at Bally's Saturday.....oh well....we will be in Vegas!! lol

3. mrstealth

mrstealth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from a lengthy stay at Flamingo and went to bally's every day 1 or 2 times.

There is another alternative, but does involve about the same amount (possibly a little bit more) walking, but with less pedestrians. It also involves a wee bit of Jay Walking, so if traffic is heavy, you may not want to consider it, or see my note below.

The entire sidewalk on the South Side of Barbary Coast/Bills/The Cromwell is closed for construction along Flamingo Street back to the Alley next to Battista's hole in the wall restaurant so you cannot walk on that side of the street at all without risking your life (there are concrete construction barricades right up to the traffic lanes so absolutely no place to walk).

What I would do is exit out the side exit of Bally's past the check in desk. Take the sidewalk to where the Alley is next to Battista's and jay walk and take the Alley to Flamingo and enter through the entrance by Valet. If traffic is heavy just walk to the intersection on Audrie Lane which is only about 1/2 block further.

Would usually take me maybe 10 minutes top to walk it.

4. Shauncho

Shauncho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. I'm staying at Flamingo right now. In fact, I'm in my room as we speak. and we just got back from Cosmo and all four bridges are all working. You certainly can go across the street from Bally's to the old Bill's...it's all very fresh and new so maybe they just opened access to it yesterday, but as of 30 minutes ago, It's free and clear. Entrance to Bally's is definitely messed up as they "long walk that never ends" to enter Bally's is all under construction...but the walkway to Bills is wide open.

5. mrstealth

mrstealth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update Shaun - yeah, they must have finished the construction area then where the old moving sidewalk was.

The sidewalk by the cromwell is still closed though - Correct ?

6. Shauncho

Shauncho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yeah seems like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.