1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bad Trader

Discussion in 'Coupon Swap' started by Buddha, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello fellow coupon traders ... just wanted to post a warning of an irresponsible trader, who may have also scammed a few coupons for someone else.

Back on Nov. 17, "member" Jennifer_Justice, aka Jen Thomas, from Benton City, WA, posted a request for coupons in the "Coupon Swap" forum, looking for a free handout of coupons, as she was preparing for a 2-week vacation in Vegas. I, personally, invest a lot of time, money, and stamps trading coupons with MANY, MANY people over the years, and have only been scammed 2 or 3 times.

"Jennifer" had nothing to trade, but what I sometimes do is ask for stamps in exchange for coupons, and it was getting to the end of the year, so I was feeling generous. I offered to send 28 coupons to "Jennifer", in exchange for 7 first-class stamps, and she agreed to that trade. And, she has not posted on our message board again since Dec.4th. Well, as you have probably guessed by now, she got my 28 coupons, and sent me NOTHING, and refuses to answer my follow-up emails.

So, be on watch for this person, and avoid sending her any coupons. If anyone has any further info on this person, please let me know.

"Buddha"

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry that happened. There's always one. :grrr:

It's a good reminder to other traders that you have to be careful with people... especially with "new members" who don't have a history here.

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Karma will bite her in the ass.

4. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed with dfalk....luckily ive had positive luck here and swapping coupons!

5. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i know we don't make trade feedback a priority here, but i appreciate when people share such info. chances are she won't be back, but it's good to call out people who treat people poorly. you gave her plenty of time to do the right thing, your post is warranted. thanks.

6. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for your support ... much appreciated. Just trying to keep the trading market honest, and above board.

7. Venus1971

Venus1971 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed!
    Thanks for the heads up.

8. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the information. This is such a shame. I think most of the members on this board are honest. We should report things like this to alert others from being taken. Have a great day.

Sue

9. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say we all go to Benton City and raise some hell!

Just kidding -- sorry you got scammed. I see how active and helpful you are in these coupon trades and you're right it's not about the money but about that feeling of getting scammed by someone looking for a handout. It's a shame.

10. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Karma already has taken care of this. She lives in Benton City, that's punishment enough :wink2:

11. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Karma is a bitch. She can always post a reply back on the board, but its like loaning a neighbor a tool, and never getting it back. You never have to deal with them again. Good Riddance.

12. Italladdsup

Italladdsup Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate when people do that, they ruin a good thing :nono:. Sorry that happened to you.

Donna

13. vdarrell

vdarrell Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buddha I hate to hear this happened to you as you have been my ACG coupon super hero for several years:thumbsup:

BTW....will be sending the remaining coupons your way at the end of August we are hoping to make our second trip first was first of March.

Thanks for informing us as I have been burned twice in 6 years but now only trade with the same group.

14. ilovekeno

ilovekeno Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should send her a nice card in the mail....LOL

15. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Use her email and/or address whenever you see a sign up/registration link. Spam her!

16. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    like it.:wink2::beer::beer:

17. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had some trouble with a trade some years ago but it worked out (they got their coupons back (lost in the mail) plus most of what they requested) . So, Buddha later did a trade with me and his mail was quite late but he finally received it and we have done trades over the years and he is also a friend.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.