1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Back to Vegas

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by jugdish76, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jugdish76

jugdish76 Low-Roller

My Trip Report

I just made reservations for solo trip No. 3 or 4 ... I cannot remember exactly ... to watch the BCS title game in Vegas.

I last went with my former college roommate for my bday and stayed at the Plaza. Going back solo but doing the same.

I prefer going alone for some things, like going with others for others.

My plan is to play blackjack, bet Bama and hit some strip clubs. That is how I roll.

Maybe get some prime rib, too.

2. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking forward to getting Prime Rib on my next trip as well.

3. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip. Love to go solo. Since the 'Huskers won't be anywhere near the BCS National Championship Game, Roll Tide!!!

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  4. jugdish76

jugdish76 Low-Roller

I hear the line will be Bama minus-10 to open. I am thinking right now that Notre Damw will play Bama close for three quarters, but the game will get out of hand late and Bam will cover, as they did in their past two BCS title games.

5. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They got lucky when Colt McCoy went down. I don't think they would have covered that year if he had played the whole game.

6. jugdish76

jugdish76 Low-Roller

I agree. I was in Vegas that game and remember thinking I got lucky as I cashed my ticket.

I think Texas wins outright that year if their QB does not go down. That said, the defense was awesome for Bama. I remember the lede to the story Chris Dufrense of the L.A. Times wrote -- something like Two crack blocks knocked Texas from the national title -- one that tossed Colt McCoy from the game in the first quarter and one that tossed the ball into the hands of a Bama defender late in the fourth.

Texas was within three with less than six minutes left, but Bama scored twice to make it appear a romp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.