1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Back to Back Mlife offers question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by weluvvegas, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This goes along with my CET question I started on this board a bit ago.

I know that the rule is 72 hours between Mlife offers but what has been your experience?

I have 3 nights comp @ MGM Tues/Wed/Thurs

I now need to add Friday.

I have a 1 night weekend comp available at Mirage.

If I call and try to book that Friday at Mirage, are they going to see the existing res at the MGM and refuse to book?

What if they don’t see it and I book – will they automatically cancel one?

I know that 2 years ago I did a back to back Aria and Mirage and had no problems – I didn’t know the rule and just booked it. But, I’m wondering what your experiences have been recently?

Don’t flame me – not trying to get around the system, just trying to get the least expensive option.

40th Birthday Bash!
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 - call back to see what MGM will do for you. They might comp you. They might give you a good rate. Check the online rates first.

2 - Back to back ROOM offers are usually okay. Back to back with other stuff rarely happens.

3 - You have a fair chance getting that Mirage offer, assuming it is ONLY for the room. You could also ask for all 4 nights there. You do not always need an "offer".

3. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking at on offer on the website and it stated "There must be 72 hours in between promotional trips within MGM Resorts International destinations. " But that included resort credit and freeplay.

But then a separate "offer" was for special rates and it did not list that same condition.

4. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I was looking at the specific offer on the Mirage one, and it didn't have that wording. It just said it cannot be used in conjunction with another offer. (I assume that means at the same time).

MGM wants to charge me $260 that night- they must have an event going on.

40th Birthday Bash!
  5. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If my calculations based on your countdown timer is right you'll be getting into town right as the NCAA conference tournaments are starting. Specifically I believe the Pac 12 is at MGM starting March 11 or 12 through that Sunday. That would explain rates when MGM is accounting for probably 20 people plus from 12 teams and then all of the fans that will travel for the tournament.

6. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That will be our last night in town. Had to add a night on the end. But I was able to get a comp at Exaclibur *shudder* I know...but it's only for the one night! I booked it online through MLIfe. The 72 hour wording was not in the fine print of either offer so I hope I'm good.

40th Birthday Bash!
  7. tldbucs

tldbucs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't tried it myself but one of my bosses was trying to book back to back offers in Vegas and was told he couldn't do that. So, he some how got a number for a person at MGM in Atlantic City and after explaining to them that he didn't understand the logic of making him go to another competitor to spend his money he was able to book back to back offers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.