1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Back in Triple Digits

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by wizard950, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizard950

wizard950 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arrived home last Saturday June 9th from a great 8 days in Las Vegas.

Now I am suffering from the usual withdrawal! How do you guys handle the stress from a new and long countdown?

2. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, the only way is to just get back to routine as fast as possible. Some say just plan another one or go again soon. That doesnt help.

We go on a monthly basis and every single time it feels the same. Always have the withdrawals after we come back. I dont think theres a way to get sick of Vegas. And theres never too many times to go to.

So basically, get back to your normal life as much as possible and it'll get easier. :)

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    going more often does help, but there's still a 3-5 day readjustment period after my trips before i'm back in the swing of life. i also think spending less time anticipating a trip makes it easier when it's over. if you plan your trips months and months out, plan and replan events, pack and repack your suitcase, etc, etc, when you get back and that anticipation is gone because the trip is over, there's no way you're going to be able to get back into life. Vegas is great, but enjoying day to day life makes it easier when the Vegas trip is over.

4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We recently returned and then booked again too.
    Currently just over 100 days.
    The days will go fast and it also leaves a decent amount of time to replenish the gambling funds.

5. addicted

addicted Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After going twice in the cooler months (march, and NYE) I have decided I don't care for vegas when its not hot...plus if Iam going to travel I don't want to bring a jacket -I want to go somewhere warm.

Withdrawals used to be a real bastard for me...

Now I go once in june, plan another trip about august/september and by the time I get back from the second one I am ready to get through winter and take it easy....It also makes it that much more exciting, once spring hits and Im ready to go early summer.

:beer:

6. TuneinTokyo

TuneinTokyo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with get back to your life. The less you think about the better it feels when you next month your going and you start really thinking about it.

7. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well it is hard to cope--Like most said here go back as soon as ya can and do it all over again--I hate the promos always sent to me so i just stop looking at them till I'm ready to go again--With Southwest's deal I just had to book again for September--Well gf wanted to go and of course I couldn't say no..ha

:beer:

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to turn your attention to something else, IMO. (Easier said than done, of course.). A hobby, a new book, work, working out, sports, odd jobs around the house you've been putting off, whatever. I just know that I have to try to "ignore" Vegas completely for a while or else I'll either get really cranky or I'll end up booking a Vegas trip before my next planned one - which I almost always regret.

I also can't put up a countdown timer until it gets to be a "manageable" time frame - usually something in the 40s-50s, tops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.