1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Back From Paradise (4/4-4/9) Part 2

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by JR Swift, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR Swift

JR Swift High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Wednesday would turn out to be quite a festival of eating and drinking, mixed in with gambling and general merriment. I'm pretty sure I still remember most of the details but it is a little fuzzy.

Woke up a bit earlier and managed to get up and out of the Orleans by 11:30. We ended up on the shuttle to the Gold Coast which was fine by me. I kind of wanted to walk over and check out the Palms as I hadn't been in a while. Turned out to be a profitable trip as I hit four 2's on the quarter bonus poker and cashed out $40 ahead. The cocktail waitresses were as lovely as I remembered and we even managed to get drinks while only playing for about 20 minutes or so. Noticed that the Palms shuttle would leave in about 10 minutes so we figured we would catch that over to the Forum shops since we planned to eat at Cravings that afternoon. Cravings was very good though I think it suffered somewhat as we had just had the Bellagio the day before. They had a lot of soups and salads on the lunch menu and I thought the design of the place, down to the plates and silverware was very cool. Service was good and most of what I tried was pretty tasty. They may have had the best pizza I've ever had at a buffet...really big gooey slices, kind of NY style. Overall worth a visit though I don't know if I'll be dying to come back that soon.

We decided we would walk back down to the Bellagio to enjoy the 3PM fountain show again. We sat outside and people watched while waiting for it to start. Had a better vantage point today and, as always, it was one of the highlights of the trip. Even JT admitted that it almost made you cry. After that it was time for Big Elvis. We watched/listened to him and gambled quite a while at the BC. This is where the drinks began to pile up on us a bit. I did hit Four Aces on the nickel DB for a $40 pay but gave it all back playing those damned penny slots. Still the BC is always good fun and we left in a good mood and a little tipsy. The rest of the night is a bit of a blur. I know we spent quite a bit of time at the Carnival Court. I distinctly remember walking up to the stage while the Gwen Stefani impersonator was performing and screaming "I love you." She told me she loved me too...so I've got that going for me...which is nice. We spent some more time at the CR, mostly buying cheap drinks though I did play some 50-play penny video poker for quite a while and that netted some more "free" drinks. We decided to tour the IP car museum and JT particularly seemed to enjoy it...though maybe he was just getting really drunk and enjoyed everything. Then we ended up at Tequila Joe's and I just had to "sing" a couple of songs. More beers and gin and tonics ensued. I don't know if I was any good but I thought I was great at the time. Felt like I was really making a connection with this pretty girl at the bar too. We kept exchanging smiles and I talked to her a bit. Heck...I decided I'd dedicate "Piano Man" to her. Afterwards, I kind of figured out that she was probably a hooker. I didn't really have as much problem figuring out the other two girls that hit on us. The one who asked me from a stopped car if I'd like a BJ (and I don't mean blackjack) for $50 was pretty easy to figure. Then there was the nice blond who I walked arm in arm with for a block or two who wanted to know where we were staying and was a "local." Yeah...she was a hooker too. Then there were the two girls at Carnival court who kept dancing with each other...we talked to them too. I don't know if they were pro's but they could have been. Geez...what's with Las Vegas? You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a hooker! Anyway, after likely consuming as much alcohol in one day as I ever had in my life, we decided to stumble back and try to catch the shuttle to the Orleans. While we waited, multiple cops pulled up in front of the Barbary Coast and started running inside. A few minutes later they emerged with a "detained individual." I don't know what he was doing what they took him away. That was kind of exciting. Finally just took a cab back "home," had the Steak and Eggs and passed out.

Truthfully we would never quite recover from Wednesday night. As usual, it included quite a bit of drunken text messaging and phone calls to poor innocent people back home. In some ways, the rest of the trip is pretty quiet though I made a nice little run Saturday night...which I will detail in part 3.

2. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the pizza at cravings was very good also. I myself like Cravings but I think Buffetts are a hit and miss depending on the time you get there.Can't wait to get back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.