1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Baby Boomers: Comments of Beatles Love?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by bcc, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Baby Boomers: Beatles Love, how is it?

Is it Beatles, or is it Cirque Acrobats in costumes swinging around and jumping on trampolines? (Yes, I know it's not really the Beatles performing.)

Is it Sgt Peppers (oh, wow!), or is it Magical Mystery tour (great album, bad movie)?

Is it Lennon and McCartney, or is it somebody else's show?

Do they do "A Day in the Life?" With the big crescendo at the end? (I read the news today oh boy....)

What is the last song they perform in the show?

Tickets will be free via My Vegas. Do I want to spend the time?

We are not "Cirque" people, from the 3 shows we have seen so far. (Mystere, O, MJ.)

Thank you for your thoughtful help,

Regards,

- bcc

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a cool show. I liked it. Free is free. It's a show I"d see. See the show and it'll be free.
    See the show and be like me
    See the show I'm talking of
    Have you heard the show is Love?
    It's so fine, it's sunshine
    It's the show, Love at the Mirage

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's one of the best shows in Las Vegas, is what it is.

LOVE is the only Beatles tribute I know of that gained support from all the living Beatles (at the time) and their spouses and ex's. Even Yoko, who thinks no one can do the Beatles right, gave her enthusiastic support and showed up for the opening.

Bill

4. nancydrewit26

nancydrewit26 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have seen most of the Cirque shows in Vegas...but Love is the one we would go to again and again! Absolutely wonderful!

5. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't like Beatles music, don't go. My son's father-in-law has a direct connection to Paul McCartney so we scored the best seats in the house and VIP treatment. His in laws and yours truly enjoyed the music but my son is more of a Green Day fan.

I've seen comments saying it would best best experienced in a slightly altered state of mind... It is bizarre, less acrobatic than Mystere but I look forward to seeing it again.

6. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'm not a baby boomer, but my husband is. I liked it more than he did.

Yes, they did A Day In The Life.

The first song was Get Back. I am 99% sure the last song was Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

More dancing and general visuals, rather than all acrobatics.

I gave it a 6/10. My husband said he gave it a 5/10. The faster songs usually had very cool things going on during them. The slower songs were pretty boring with what was going on.

I wasn't sure I would like it when we got tickets (Premium tickets from MyVegas), but I thought I should see it anyway. I am glad I saw it, but I don't need to see it again.

7. Gdicke13

Gdicke13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a baby boomer...younger..but I've seen it 3 times and I want to see it again! Big beatles fan here Just an amazing production..I'd go next month but I've got buffett! Go and enjoy!!!

8. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Of the Cirque shows you have seen, Love is more like MJ One. It is not a concert, if that is what you are wondering. It does not have the acrobatics that a traditional Cirque show would have. It has some wire acts and a lot of dancing and some roller blading and a little parkour. You can go to Cirque's website, or youtube, to see video clips of the show.

9. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a baby boomer, either, but I am a Beatles fan and I LOVED LOVE. I've seen it ELEVEN times and will see it again.

The last song is "All You Need is Love".

The only part of the show I've never liked (and they've made changes to it several times since it opened) is Blackbird. That segment has just never worked for me.

Unless you really don't like the Beatles, I don't see how you could be disappointed in your choice, especially if it's FREE! Enjoy the show!!!

10. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boomer here. Loved it. George Martin and his son performed a loving and wonderfully effective remix of the tunes. I don't care if John dissed him- he is a genius at what he does. The visuals support the music very effectively. Avoid VIP seating- it isn't as good as the regular seats.

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's loosely interpretative of Beatles songs and the WWII - to - 60's psychedelic era. Way less acrobatics than other Cirque shows. There are a couple of routines that just didn't fit, like rollerbladers and the stomp dancing.

My expectations were incorrect the first time I saw it, and I enjoyed it more the second time, but don't feel a need to see it again.

I agree with bardolator, get seats in the 200 section, row O or higher so you won't be under the tarp for the "special effect". Closer is definitely not better, it's a small enough theater anyway.

12. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was never particularly a Beatles fan. I liked their music ok, just never considered myself a fan. Saw Love four years ago and will be going to see it for the third time next month. We absolutely loved the show. I agree with one of the prior comments about not being quite in line with the interpretation of a couple of the songs, but it really didn't detract. The music was chosen well and the sound quality is fabulous. The first time we saw it, we were almost on the very back row of the 300 section, but I don't think it suffered from it. In fact, I paid more attention to a lot of the stuff going on up high than I probably would have if we had been lower. It's well worth the money.

13. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will you still need me,
    will you still feed me,
    When I'm sixty-four....

Turned 64 last week,,ugh. Saw the show with my 28 yr old son on Sept 11th. Third time for me; first for him. Great show with visual effects and dance choreography that blend into the music. I can't think of a better way to use your myVegas points.

14. LVfan

LVfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it in July and of the other Cirque shows I have seen I enjoyed this one the most and one I would see again

15. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a baby boomer but my wife and I both love the music. We thought the show was just ok. I actually fell asleep.

16. OleoOleo

OleoOleo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a baby boomer (younger) and I don't really like the Beatles. I knew almost every song. I loved it! I've seen it 3 times and I would definitely see it again.

17. parti_73

parti_73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a baby boomber but I grew up listening to their music as my parents are BB's, so I knew every song and loved the show more the second than the first. As said previously sit in the 200 section or higher.

18. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen the show twice. Once on a girls trip last winter. We all liked the show, but none of us were huge Beatles fans. I saw it again a few weeks ago with my husband, who is a huge Beatles fan and he wasn't impressed with the show at all. Glad it was free both times. If I were spending real money, I would spend it elsewhere. But for free, it was a nice way to spend some time.

19. SteveAC01

SteveAC01 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen most of the Cirque shows in Vegas.
    There are only two that I would pay to see a second time.
    they are Mystere and Beatles LOVE.
    LOVE has a small edge over Mystere.
    Whether you are a baby boomer or not,
    whether you are a Beatles fan or not,
    whether you are paying for the tckets or not,
    it is a safe bet that you will enjoy LOVE.
    If you come out of this show unhappy, don't even consider seeing any other Cirque production.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  20. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Child of a boomer here. A familiarity and appreciation of the Beatles certainly helps. I'm personally a pretty big fan and very familiar with their catalog so I enjoyed it a lot. My parents are more Elvis people, but they still enjoyed the show. I certainly thought it was better than Zarkana which is very interpretive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.