1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"B" level less talk about shows

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by vegasqc, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im starting to look at whats playing during my upcoming trip in early december

I have already seen most of the shows i really wanted to see so heres a list of shows that i put in the maybe category any toughts/review for them

Dont even remember seeing these show mentionned on the board:

Dancing queen (abba tribute) at NYNY
    Icandy Burlesque at PH

These have been mentionned a little here

Australian Bee gees( excal)

Andrew dice clay (riviera)

George wallace (flam) his he straight stand up guy? I dont really enjoy G rated politically correct comics do you consider him 18+

X burlesque (flam) ( already seen peep, mgm crazy and fantasy twice i figured their the next best thing?)

What about the John Waters christmas show at House of blues ??? I have no idea what to expect there

2. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

Last year was the first year I didn't go in December...I always have.
    I'm not going this year either...there's just not much going on in the way of
    Shows for me. Some of the top tier Shows are still on Holidaze Hiatus although
    many now start taking vacations in November, then back for December and
    everyone's back for New Years.

The main thing I've always enjoyed about December is the 'special holiday' Shows
    that happen only at this time. Big celebs and their Christmas Shows have been
    pretty neat but lately...they just haven't been around, so I don't go.

I suggest keeping an eye on a couple websites to spot special Shows during your visit.
    www.lvol.com
    www.searchlasvegasshows.com

My opinion on the ones you've mentioned....
    X BURLESQUE maybe. I saw it when it first opened at the Aladdin and it was new, fresh and different.
    Now it may be the same as the other topless jiggle Shows in town but I have heard good things about it.
    FANTASY is my favorite of this type of Show. (check out Carrot Top before FANTASY...)

GEORGE WALLACE 'can' be lots of fun. Just depends on what he's talking about that night...sit front/center.

AUSTRALIAN BEE GEES I've seen twice and have given up on them this second time. They just don't seem
    to try very hard in their Show. It's ho hum...good harmonies, but not emotion. Small room, no need for VIP tics.
    It's like a glorified lounge Show (to me...)

Haven't seen DANCING QUEEN, heard mixed reports.

If you're into the 'Dice Man' go for it. Not my thing, and reports are mixed...same ol' same ol'.

I will be seeing iCANDY next Wednesday...check back on that one.

Don't know JOHN WATERS...film maker/actor/?...not a clue.

It's still a bit early for any 'special' holiday Shows to be announced, ya just have to stay on top of it.
    They can pop up over night...December is a goofy month in Vegas.

3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the great info as always Greg

Its true that december can be quiet but for my week theres also shania twain / faith hill tim mcgraw/ loverboy pat benatar journey

Ill be on the lookout for you icandy review :)

4. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegasqc
    Thanks for some ideas for shows. I enjoy seeing a big show and some less known ones but last year was a last minute deal and kind of a hurried trip. This year, I want to see a couple at least.

jimbo338

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greg, I thought you knew everything. :) John Waters is a cult filmmaker. He is responsible from the burn on my eyes from Pink Flamingos. I also hold him responsible for John Travolta in drag in the remake of Hairspray.

I have no idea what to expect from his Christmas Show either, but it sounds wonderful for a weirdo like me. :wink2:

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's not fair. You should really only hold him responsible for Divine :ssst:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.