1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

B connected & slot points

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I decided to make a new thread out of this subject.

As stated in a different thread, your Card Score points drop off a year after earning them. So, points earned earned in August 2013, will drop off your card ~Sept 2014. These are the points that determine the color of your card.

I got an answer back from the slot manager today. Your slot points stay on your card for 3 years even if you don't have any activity. After that, they can purge them according to Gaming Control. He says they usually don't, but are allowed to do so. These slot points are the ones you use for food/beverage etc.

Hope that clears up some of this.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Joe!

I did not understand that, although I frequent MSS,Fremont & Cal a good bit.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Joe (and other Boyd/MSS experts), hope you don't mind my getting off topic a bit...

I finally got around to getting a B Connected card last trip and just got what I assume is a "welcome to Boyd" offer of three nights and buffets. Since I plan on spending some time at MSS next trip (love the beer), I was thinking of (double) booking one night to check out the rooms (for future reference) and try the much lauded buffet. My question: what sort of coin in or slot points or card score would you think appropriate so as not to burn bridges? Obviously the free buffet and room peek aren't worth killing future offers.

Also, do slot points accrue 1:1 with coin in at VP (for a bottom tier card holder)?

Thanks. (Let me know if I'm stepping on any toes, w/re: thread jacking and I'll delete.) :beer:

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really can't help on what levels are needed since we are full RFB. We (me) are Emerald and depending on how many of our Vegas friends we meet up with on a trip, we put anywhere from 40k to 60k coin-in, on the card for our normal 4 night/5 day stay. We never gamble on the morning we leave using our card.

As far as coin-in, it is $1 in = 1 point. However, there are some full pay machines on the floor that have a little tag on them that states $1 in does not equal a 1 point. I wish I could be more specific, but I never play on the floor.

At the bar on 9/6 JOB, $1 = 1 point. All the other games also. Their DDB is 9/5, while across the street at Cal, they have 9/6 DDB on the bartops.

Hope that helps.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly what I was looking for, Joe. Thanks. :beer:

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks for sharing information about the Bconnected club. I'd better use my slot points, I didn't know that they can take it away after 3 years.

You mentioned Joe that you normally run 40 to 60K in coin-in on a typical 4 to 5 day stay. So to maintain Emerald status I would assume you need to visit at least 4 times a year, am I correct?

By any chance would you know how they figure card tier points if you are primarily a table player, in my case, a craps player? Is it still $1.00 = 1 point?

Or is it up to the discretion of the pit critter? Always wanted to know how they figure this out.:beer:

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually do 4-5 trips, this year it'll be 6.
    I don't play enough craps anymore but I never could figure out how they figure points. I've been told players who split there time between tables and machines end up with two categories on their BC account. Table & slot points.

They can only take the slot points away if there is no card activity for three years. One play every three years is enough to keep your points. It's not like every three years they drop off. I'm over two million right now.

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two million?:eek: I'm kinda embarrassed to tell you how much I got, lol!:eek:

Yeah, how they figure table play is a mystery. Reason I say this is because I was a lowly ruby cardholder and only hit and run at the slots. At VP I only play for a little while, not enough to even make a difference.

I started getting interested (hooked?:evillaugh) at craps but back then I didn't know how to play all the bets confidently so only bought in regularly for 1 to 2 hundred at a time. Didn't think I spent any more of my bankroll then I would usually spend on machines.

I only had maybe 13,000 points at the time, and frankly never thought I would get any higher than ruby. I was only going to Vegas once a year then.

After I played craps at MSS, Cal, and Fremont, I got home and Boom! they sent me a mailer "congratulating" me and telling me I made Sapphire. Boy, they sure know how to hook a degenerate!:evillaugh:thumbsup::beer:

9. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe,

Did you ever consider cashing out your points? I always do before checking out if possible (Boyd, CET, etc.), mainly because I thought they expired after a year, not three years. CET and I believe Stations expire after six months. MILFe may be the same, though I always cashed everything out before leaving their properties as well.

Since CET screws you on the free play vs. comp dollars, it's the only one I would consider leaving a balance. Plus you never know when they may change the policy. MIFEe holders had issues with limiting comp balances / applying balances against comps.

10. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So just to clarify, it is a rolling year rather than a calendar year, i.e. the only way your card score will go back to zero is if you have more than 365 days with no play? As opposed to CET, where your tier score resets to zero on January 1st, even if you earned thousands of tier points just a couple days earlier.

11. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally Boyd is very generous with the room offers. You don't need to play thousands coin-in per day, a few hundreds is usually enough. Also their off strip properties like the Orleans, Sam's Town and Gold Coast are especially liberal with the freebies because they have so many rooms available.

I do most of my play at MSS and have gotten free rooms at Orleans and GC for hardly any play there.

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm saving them for a rainy day. I keep getting close to losing my Emerald status and if I ever have to start paying for meals, there is a 40% discount using points. If you cash out it is 10,000 = $10.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.