1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

B-Connected Comps on my play, what can I expect?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by McGoo, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McGoo

McGoo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok comp gurus give it to me straight....

I am finally staying at a Boyd property (Main Street Station) in January for 6 nights, I booked this through Boyd on a discounted rate of $25 a night. I play VP almost exclusively at Boyd properties and want to know whether you think they will pick up my room costs at the end of the trip. And whether I need to play at MSS only to have the room costs cleared.

I play 25 cent and on occasion 50 cent or $1 VP (JOB, DB, DW). I figure I will play at a min 4 hours per day at min 500 hands per hour. This works out to $15k play through over the 6 days. I am also a Sapphire card holder so my points are doubled.

I will ask to speak with a host at the end of my stay to see what happens, but I want to know what to expect. If you think my play does not warrant a complete comp, let me know, I can take the bad news and its only $150.

Thanks everyone!

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For sure you should qualify for a couple of nights comped. I don't think you'll get all six though. Four nights is usually the cut-off point unless you have a history of play.

Just a FYI, play at The Cal counts towards your MSS play, but I don't think Fremont does. Of course play at all three counts on your card, I just mean that if you're staying at MSS play at The Cal counts towards your "value" at MSS.

If you eat at MSS, I would also charge that to the room and see what they might cover of your food costs. Never hurts to try!

Enjoy your stay at MSS. We've been staying there for over a dozen years.

I also PMed you the email of a MSS host

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  3. McGoo

McGoo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're a champ Joe,

Thank you for the info on the Cal, I like playing there as well, not so much the Fremont.

I never expect too much I know the relative win for Boyd on my play is low, but getting a couple nights free is a bonus for my gambling fund.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I shouldn't have used the term "for sure" but I think you have a good chance!

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm not mistaken, 2 points per dollar * 15k through the machines should give you $300 credit on your card. If you don't get straight up comped you should be able to pay with points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.