1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Avis vs. Payless

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by vegasdrea, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a standard size rented for my trip next month through Payless for $85. After the horror stories I've read here and on other sites, I'm wondering if I should cancel and rebook with Avis? I found a Mid Size for $100 worth the extra $15? What do you all experts think? I've never really rented a car in Vegas before and I'd really appreciate your honest opinions. Thanks everyone :)

2. jld34

jld34 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never used Payless due to the stories I've heard as well.. But I can say I have never had a bad experience with Avis in LAS or anywhere in the country. For the $15, go for piece of mind and have one less thing to worry about!

3. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avis is my go to for renting cars.

Rates are good, cars are good, customer service is great.

4. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your input! I think I'm going to go ahead and rebook. The last thing I want to do is wait in line at payless for over an hour!!!

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with everyone who says Avis - I have never had a problem with Avis in Vegas (I usually book at Aria) and the friendliness and customer service is perfect. Plus, if you search online you can probably find a discount code or two to save even more on the reservation.

6. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rented a car from Avis in Phoenix. It was boiling hot. So hot that my engine wouldn't start.

On the holder for the rental agreement, there as a toll free # for roadside assistance.

A tow truck came in a reasonable amount of time to give me a jump. It didn't cost me a dime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.