1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Avis Preferred in Vegas

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by aliasyoshi, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone had an experience with Avis Preferred in Vegas. I have never actually rented from Avis anywhere, but decided to sign up for the free Preferred service. Also, Avis seems weird as they do not reduce the price quote online when you use a coupon. Has anyone had issues with this once they picked up the rental? Thanks. :thumbsup:

2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For some reason, the Avis rates really do bounce around. Usually they are higher than Alamo, but a few times I've seen them lower. And you are correct about using an Avis coupon code, which is not deducted on the online reservation, but will be taken off at the check-in counter. Twice in Vegas, and once in Reno, I used coupon codes, and there was no problem.
    I still search Alamo for typical lower prices when they have a good discount code, and it shows up right on the reservation.

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too am interested because we are considering Avis just because of the convenience off being able to just return the car right to the Bellagio.

4. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually go with Alamo due to the kiosks which are super fast and easy. But for this next trip, Avis beats them by almost $50. And if Preferred service allows us to get in and out faster, I am all for it.

5. FountainFiend

FountainFiend Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done Avis Preferred once in Vegas, and hundreds of times elsewhere (travel nearly weekly for work).

Basically, you take a bus from the airport to the rental center (like the others), and then go to the Avis section of the garage and there is a big LED screen that has Last Name, First Initial and a car space (i.e. A30). Get in the car, and the keys will be in there with a slip of paper with your name and car type.

When you get to the gate to leave, an attendant looks at your drivers license compares it to the car registration and then you are off. I really like preferred service, depending on the lines it can be a significant time savings.

6. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only problem I have with Avis Preferred and Hertz Gold, in Las Vegas, is that you lose the ability to try for a free upgrade. Yes, it is faster.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.