1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Automatic Room Upgrades for Diamond Holders

Discussion in 'Comps' started by meyers67, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meyers67

meyers67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read a post a few months ago where someone said that if you are Diamond, that your room automatically becomes upgraded a few days prior to check in.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes but depends on alot of factors.room ocupancy during your stay ,week day or weekend stay . there mood at checkin and just overall factors that are a mystery to all.

i checked in at ceasars and the hald the augstus room fountian view blocked out for me a upgrade from deluxe room tower,it was all ready done when i showed up.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being Diamond helps, but the real factor is your adt/theo. And, there is nothing that is automatic. They actually have people that look at who is coming in and who should get upgrades.

And, sometimes upgrade means a view, or higher floor. Unless you have a strong ADT, it does not mean a suite.

Which hotel? What sort of offers are you getting?

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure there are Diamond upgrades but before you start thinking Hangover suite, a Diamond upgrade could simply mean a standard room blocked for Diamonds. They tend to be on higher floors, have coffee pots and maybe extra toiletries, and tend to be refreshed more often even when other rooms in the class get run down. Depending on the hotel and what they can upgrade to, you may have a better shot in some hotels than others.

5. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My (limited) experience -

Caesars - Booked Forum Tower. Upgraded to Octavius before arrival, shown on TR site. Asked for and received Augustus strip view on arrival.

Bally's - Booked South Tower. Always upgraded to North Tower without asking. Do not recall this showing on TR site. Asked for and received Junior Suite (not a huge upgrade) 2 stays out of 3. Diamond floor rooms have small coffee makers. Not sure of any other extras.

Paris - Booked standard room. No upgrade before arrival. Had to ask nicely for a Red room. All that was available was an accessible room which I accepted. Did not feel that I got anything extra for Diamond.

So best experience was with Caesars and that tallies with what others have stated about automatic upgrades.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.