1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aussie Tourist: September Entertainment In Vegas - 9/25/12-9/28/12

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by jazman84, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazman84

jazman84 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greetings everyone.

My wife and I are visiting Las Vegas in September. We'll be active from the 25th to 28th of September 2012.

We would like to know who will be in town and/or performing during those nights.

We are interested in musicians/bands and comedians. We have tickets to a number of broadway shows in NYC, so we are a little more interested in experiencing the club entertainment scene, however big gigs will still be open for consideration.

I have done a bit of research, however I am finding it difficult to find anything during those dates.

Also, we are very interested in high quality Tribute Shows. Stuff like Led Zeppelin, Queen, Beatles, Pink Floyd etc.

Please respond to this thread with anything that will be on over this time.

Many thanks,

Jaz.

2. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

Hey Jaz, Greg here...
    It's a bit early for September gigs but you'll start to see them popping up soon...
    there's a few now I've noticed MICHAEL GRIMM who is a great up 'n coming singer/songwriter
    on the 28th at Aliante Station, but it's waaay off the Strip.
    ROD STEWART will be at Caesars Colosseum on the 26th...

The 'club' entertainment is all geared to the young demographic, it's all DJ. The Lounge scene
    in Vegas is pretty dead. You might check out FRANKIE MORINO at the Stratosphere .
    He's a singer/piano player, real good 8 piece band, good showroom, good Show. I caught it last
    trip. Have dinner up top at the 'Top of the World'.

Of course, you're familiar with all the residency Shows the various properties have to offer...
    The Las Vegas Hotel (used to be the Las Vegas Hilton) is where you'll find a lot of tribute bands.
    Look thru their Entertainment schedule www.thelvh.com

You're just going to have to keep your eye on the various entertainment websites...here's some good ones.
    www.searchlasvegasshows.com On this site, 'click' September, then scroll down to the very bottom of the
    page and 'click'...See all events for September and start surfin'. There's also a 'Nightclub Events' tab on the
    top of the home page.

www.lvol.com I 'click' Concerts on this site...
    www.vegas.com This one is pretty much the property Shows
    www.lvrj.com This is the Las Vegas Review Journal...one of the local newspapers. Point to Entertainment
    up top, 'click' Shows, 'click' Coming Attractions. There's lots of stuff here...a lot of property Shows but some
    'casual' entertainment too. Fill in the...WHAT/WHEN boxes up top and start surfin'

Another place to check is the 'new' SMITH CENTER for the performing arts. www.thesmithcenter.com
    Their 'Cabaret Jazz' is pretty cool as well as their large theatre...'WICKED' is there when you guys are.

Just stay in touch with all of these sites. They update as soon as they get new info, so you need to keep
    checking back.
    Post your question here on the Shows/Entertainment page...lots of folks here to help. GOOD LUCK, lol.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's a little early, and a lot of shows are shifting around and changing right now, I'd check back in a month or two.

For what it's worth, my favorite musical show is Donnie & Marie, favorite comedy show is Carrott Top and favorite entertainment show is Blue Man Group.

If I had the money I would go check out one of the headliners at Caesars like Celine, Rod or Elton, or Garth Brooks at the Wynn.

4. jazman84

jazman84 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies :)

Please let me know if there any more helpful info.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unlike years ago, there are not that many "headliners" or acts that come to town for a few days.

Mirage and Caesars tend to be the ones that still book things, so keep an eye on those two. Mandalay Bay and MGM do some things from time to time as well.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.